Update on the gumout multi system tune up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did two treatment at 400 miles each for a total of 800 miles which is two tanks of gasoline in my aspire. Here is what i noticed over the 800 miles.
-Easier and quicker starting when the engine is cold or hot.
-Smoother acceleration and more throttle response.
-My engine idles higher.
-Better fuel economy.

Before using gumout my fuel economy was 40 mpg and i could go 400 miles on a fill up, After the 1st treatment i went 413 miles on 10 gallons which is 41.3 mpg. After the 2nd treatment i managed 441 miles from 10 gallons which is 44.1 mpg which is quiet impressive.

In the end i gained 4.1 mpg which is awesome and i will continue using it but only dosed at 1 ounce per gallon from now on so my engine can reap the benefits of this.

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

I hope you're right, but watch out for "confirmation bias", kinda has a habit of making results look
better then they are.

Your results may vary.

Looks like Gumout has opened up a new username on BITOG. Sorry if I am sceptical but how does one replicate these results stated? They seem very ambiguous

It's great that it worked for you and I don't doubt it. Because who am I to judge?

My experiences have been the opposite where no benefit was seen with this product. I did try it honestly along with other additives at separate times with a break in between.

I also verified cleaning with my boroscope in the cylinders with each product. I can tell you that VP Racing Fuels - Fuel System Cleaner is the only product out there that does a heck of clean-up job on the engine. It's the only product I use now and I use it just before an oil change. Even over Amsoil P.I. which I'm a fan of their products but the VP Racing Fuel product works better. Next up from this is Amsoil Power Foam in the intake or CRC Intake/D.I./Turbo spray cleaner.

Just FWIW.

What bugs me is I can't even find this product in Canada, I have to drive 40 minutes to New York and buy it by the case there...
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I over treated the first two tanks 16oz to 10 gallons that and i use 87 ethanol free that might have a lot to do with my results.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
I over treated the first two tanks 16oz to 10 gallons that and i use 87 ethanol free that might have a lot to do with my results.

Good to Know.

Recently at our Walmarts, I saw a different Gumout from the Regane HM they used to carry. It might have been multi-system, and it did mention PEA. I'll have to take a better look next time.

I’ve used the Gumout Multi-System several times in different vehicles. I think it or B12 are the best out there.

Last edited:
Quote:
How would your engine idle higher if the idle is controlled by the the computer?

Good point

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Quote:
How would your engine idle higher if the idle is controlled by the the computer?

Good point

And over a 4 mpg increase is astonishing, I don't think the product manufacturer themselves even claim anything like that. This should be reported to Gumout.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
I did two treatment at 400 miles each for a total of 800 miles which is two tanks of gasoline in my aspire. Here is what i noticed over the 800 miles.
-Easier and quicker starting when the engine is cold or hot.
-Smoother acceleration and more throttle response.
-My engine idles higher.
-Better fuel economy.

Before using gumout my fuel economy was 40 mpg and i could go 400 miles on a fill up, After the 1st treatment i went 413 miles on 10 gallons which is 41.3 mpg. After the 2nd treatment i managed 441 miles from 10 gallons which is 44.1 mpg which is quiet impressive.

In the end i gained 4.1 mpg which is awesome and i will continue using it but only dosed at 1 ounce per gallon from now on so my engine can reap the benefits of this.

What was your treatment levels when you gained the acclaimed mileage benefits?

And why reduce the treatment levels IF the gains were provided by higher treatment levels?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
Recently at our Walmarts, I saw a different Gumout from the Regane HM they used to carry. It might have been multi-system, and it did mention PEA. I'll have to take a better look next time.

I checked and it was their All-in-One Complete Fuel System Cleaner. They also have One-N-Done.

If any of you have an Ollie's Bargain center place near you, I found the Multi-System stuff for $2.99 per can. They also had the Expert Series Fuel Injector Cleaner and Fuel System Cleaners for $1.99 per bottle.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Quote:

Good point

It could idle higher very easily simply by commanding the idle air controller to allow more air into the engine. Mine will run 50-100 rpm higher idle consistently when in need of a clean.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Looks like Gumout has opened up a new username on BITOG. Sorry if I am sceptical but how does one replicate these results stated? They seem very ambiguous

Yep, Gumout was crafty enough to create the OP's account 5 years ago and post with it periodically just for this exact eventuality. Diabolical!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back