Camp in Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Timo325
Are these two pictures the same vehicle?

Clearly no

The latter picture was taken in

or

Originally Posted By: jakewells
Camping is using a tent and sleeping out in the wilderness among the wildlife and nature.

Anything more than this is "Glamping".

Claud.

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
Nice looking vehicle but if that's the ground clearance I don't think you'll be going anywhere. Could be an adjustable height I suppose.

99% sure it's on bags.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
The bottom picture appears to be the inside of an Airstream camper.

Nailed it
thumbsup2.gif

The VW Camper looks bigger on the inside than it does on the outside.

Off topic, but, in the late 1800's, people liked to go camping.
Like they didn't already have it tough enough ?

I believe that vee dub is a product of photoshop.

I've camped in everything from a tent to the back of a pickup to a $500,000 motorhome (camping, yeah right). I prefer hotels...

Since I bought my truck last year the wife and I have been kicking the idea of a small single axle camper for weekend getaways. We need a house worse than a camper at the moment so that idea will have to wait a while.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Camping is using a tent and sleeping out in the wilderness among the wildlife and nature.

Claud.

Love how people disparage anything other than their own definition of an activity. If someone doesn't want to sleep in the dirt and cr*p behind a bush so what? The vehicles shown would be more correctly called RVing.

No way those pictures are of the same vehicle. I'm glad I don't own it, and wouldn't have my name on the registration if they gave it to me. Those VW hippie buses were one of the most underpowered vehicles ever made. If I remember correctly, they had a gear reduction box at each rear wheel.My one and only ride in one was climbing up US-82 from Alamogordo to Cloudcroft,NM in 1964. Lots of noise and not much else.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: Claud

Claud.

Love how people disparage anything other than their own definition of an activity. If someone doesn't want to sleep in the dirt and cr*p behind a bush so what? The vehicles shown would be more correctly called RVing.

Exactly, I would go as far to say, you have not camped unless you did it on the dirt in a shelter half in the Army. See where I am going with this? I did enough sleeping on the dirt in the Army for my whole family. I enjoy camping with them in my 32 foot, 2 slide out, bunkhouse trailer. We get out in nature, have a camp fire, hike and when done we shower and sleep on a nice mattress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back