Oil change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silvester got an oil change yesterday. I do the extract and fill method half way through the dealership oil changes which are once per year / 10,000 miles. We plan on keeping this car until the wheels fall off so giving it a fresh oil change every 5K is an easy way to keep the engine / turbo happy.

Oh, and since this is BITOG the oil used was Castrol Edge 0w40 (European Formula).

You need to fire the gardener though because they don't know how to edge along a sidewalk.

I suppose that could be a pun since there's Edge oil in the picture.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You need to fire the gardener though because they don't know how to edge along a sidewalk.

I suppose that could be a pun since there's Edge oil in the picture.
grin2.gif

Good one. Next time you are in the area bring your edger!

Originally Posted By: Superflan
Where’s the license plate?

Most states in the US don't require a front plate.

Hawaii does, cops will ticket you if your front plates are missing or replaced with something else. If not you won't pass safety check.

It's a cost saving measure, of course, and more and more jurisdictions in North America are switching to one plate, particularly with a push to harmonize some of these regulations throughout North America.

You need front plates in NZ - the speed camera take a photo of you plate, and the ticket is posted out to the vehicle owner. You still can get pinged on a motorcycle if it's a speed camera car, there is someone inside who can get your rego as you go past.

We have the speed cameras in the US, too. There’s been a big backlash, so a lot of states and cities have dropped them. They weren’t worth the trouble. Mayors and councils want to get re-elected.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silk
You need front plates in NZ - the speed camera take a photo of you plate, and the ticket is posted out to the vehicle owner.

Our cameras are simply aimed at the rear of the vehicle, which gets the plate. That will work for motorcycles, too. Now that I think about it, a tractor without a trailer (a power unit under Saskatchewan licensing) would have a free ride, since their plates are required to be up front.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: anndel
Hawaii does, cops will ticket you if your front plates are missing or replaced with something else. If not you won't pass safety check.

NY too.

I have the same extractor....Do you feel that it gets all the oil out?

Nice car....Is your 1.8T Jetta a stick or auto?

Those 1.8 TSI's hold a lot of oil and are designed for long drain intervals. Nothing wrong with changing it at 5K as shorter OCI's benefit the timing chain
in the long haul.
I'm in Ohio where we require a front plate. Every state that surrounds us doesn't however.
What surprises me is Texas.

So dishdude's statement, "Most states in the US don't require a front plate." is a filthy, stinking, societally corrosive, evil, destructive, pernicious, horrid lie!

Have a nice week. G&K

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Superflan
Where’s the license plate?

Most states in the US don't require a front plate.

Texas does .

Originally Posted By: Garak
It's a cost saving measure, of course, and more and more jurisdictions in North America are switching to one plate, particularly with a push to harmonize some of these regulations throughout North America.

Do not see it as a huge cost savings in our state . The plates are made in prision work shops

Greg posts a pic. of his Jetta getting an oil change, and is now involuntarily being criticized by how his grass lacks edging.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back