LG TV 47LN5750-UH Repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have a nice LG TV from 2014 and looks like LED strips are out, based on these symptoms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2FboV-1PJg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgaL6X6eSaU

Has anyone tried repairing it and is it worth doing it and dumping money into it?

Thanks for any help and advice
thumbsup2.gif

I repaired my 2008 Panasonic 58" plasma in 2012. Was P???ed that a $3000 TV died after 4 years.

Shop Jimmy had replacement boards at reasonable priced. Everything in the TV is modular so if
you follow the video and ground yourself to an electricians wrist strap you should be fine.

Be sure that you know the problem before you go blindly replacing parts. Also wiggle some connections to make sure they are not loose.

Since Shop Jimmy has a video on it, it must be a frequent failure.

Unfortunately if you fixit sellit and get new. the new TVs are way less expensive than the older ones were so they must have figured out
how to reduce the quality of the parts and still get passed the warranty period.

My 2008 is still going after the repair (it is the left side driver board) but I replaced the power supply as well since it was a common problem.
Works fine.

If you bring it in to get fixed at a repair place, this is all they will do. swap parts until it works.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
I repaired my 2008 Panasonic 58" plasma in 2012. Was P???ed that a $3000 TV died after 4 years.

Shop Jimmy had replacement boards at reasonable priced. Everything in the TV is modular so if
you follow the video and ground yourself to an electricians wrist strap you should be fine.

Be sure that you know the problem before you go blindly replacing parts. Also wiggle some connections to make sure they are not loose.

Since Shop Jimmy has a video on it, it must be a frequent failure.

Unfortunately if you fixit sellit and get new. the new TVs are way less expensive than the older ones were so they must have figured out
how to reduce the quality of the parts and still get passed the warranty period.

My 2008 is still going after the repair (it is the left side driver board) but I replaced the power supply as well since it was a common problem.
Works fine.

If you bring it in to get fixed at a repair place, this is all they will do. swap parts until it works.

Honestly, I won't take it anywhere. Troubleshoot and replace it on my own or just get rid of it!

Thanks for your advice.

Modern TVs are typically more to have repaired than a new one would cost, unless it's still under warranty, or can repair yourself. Same goes with a lot of appliances.

I have heard a common failure is the capacitors in the power supply . That is probably not the problem with the OP's TV .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back