Bring a trailer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm a bit slow but I just found a site for those that would like to purchase a special interest car, maybe something from their past, a car that isn't a megabuck supercar but just that certain car from one's past.

Bring a Trailer

I spent some time going through several posting and found a couple of cars from my younger days, not restored but in really good condition.

Maybe there's a car that would interest you.

Yes, that website is an addiction of mine and WILL get me in trouble one day. Perhaps when I'm looking for the next car... I'd like a C4S or Targa to replace my Carrera; maybe in a few years it will be a B-a-T car.

It appears that if your dream car is a 20 or 30-year-old something or other that is nothing to most other people that eventually a good one of those will show up.

Something in good shape and rust free might be worth a premium and in the end be cheaper to fix up.

I've been tempted all too many times on BaT; everything from an Alpina B10 to a Jensen Interceptor to an ex-Trans Am 1967 Cougar...

I can remember when Jensen Interceptors could be bought for less money than used Corvettes, which were also pretty cheap. I always figured that with a Chrysler drivetrain, the Interceptor should be fairly cheap to own, but I was surely naïve in thinking that. Kind of like the Pantera would be cheap to own since it had a 351C, speaking of another car that's always seemed interesting and could be bought pretty cheaply some years back.
If you really want to cry, compare the old Ferrari prices of thirty years ago with what you see today for the same cars.
How times change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back