Headlights in Ford F250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both high beams are out. Owners manual says to remove radiator grill then headlight assemblies. A few plastic things to unclick.

Plastic things often break rather than unclick in the winter.

Seems like there should be easier way. I cannot my hand behind the headlight assembly.

Other clever ideas?

Last edited:
The early Ford Ranger had a one piece grille....it all had to come out to change one sealed beam.

Some Cadillacs need the whole bumper cover removed to do a headlight or driving light bulb.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Why cant all headlights be as easy as my 03 Yukon was?!?!

....because then any Tom, **** and Harry could change it and the dealer would lose out on revenue?
About a month ago, a co-worker took his Implala (I think. He never drives it to work so I'm only sure that it's a GM product....) to the dealer to change a blown-out headlight. He told me they had to take off a few front pieces to get to it and he got hit with over $100 in labor.

Man they really made that a pain in the [censored]. On my 05 you can change them in about a minute with no tools at all.

Originally Posted By: Kruse

....because then any Tom, **** and Harry could change it and the dealer would lose out on revenue?
About a month ago, a co-worker took his Implala (I think. He never drives it to work so I'm only sure that it's a GM product....) to the dealer to change a blown-out headlight. He told me they had to take off a few front pieces to get to it and he got hit with over $100 in labor.

I guess it pays to get a new vehicle with LED lights.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Both high beams are out. Owners manual says to remove radiator grill then headlight assemblies. A few plastic things to unclick.

Plastic things often break rather than unclick in the winter.

Seems like there should be easier way. I cannot my hand behind the headlight assembly.

Other clever ideas?
It is a very simple job to remove the grill--four screws and press on the clips, then remove the headlight assembly. Check YouTube...plenty of videos. No way to change them without removing the grill, the screws that hold the headlights are not accessible otherwise.

Such a lame conspiracy theory. Dealers don't design cars. OEMs make pennies on bulbs. There's no reason for the customer to go to a dealer or use an OEM bulb, anyway.
43.gif

I guess it pays to get a new vehicle with LED lights.

My neighbor had his LEDs go out and it cost over $900.00 per side to replace as his is a light assy. not a bulb.

Smoky

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Seems odd for two high beams to be out at the same time, are you sure it's the bulbs?

They did not go out at same time. But I did not get around to fixing the first one that went out and now both are out. Procrastination.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1

Such a lame conspiracy theory. Dealers don't design cars. OEMs make pennies on bulbs. There's no reason for the customer to go to a dealer or use an OEM bulb, anyway.
43.gif

+1

It is the lazy mans conspiracy theory to think every hard to maintain items was by design to make one go to the dealership for service. Simple fact is ease of maintenance is third in line to performance and ease of manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back