M1 5w30 or M1 5w30EP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m curious. Would I be better to run M1 5w30 or M1 5w30 EP for 5-7,500k?

I have used regular M1 before without issue. Car is my 09’ Camry LE with 128,xxx miles and no consumption. Or I could just stick with M1 0w40 for 5~k

Thank you gentlemen

car51
I can’t believe you’re asking that question. Are you searching through your 100+ QT stash to see what you need to use up first? I was just thumbing through the Castrol website and they spec 5w20 for the 4 cyl. and 5w30 for the V6. I don’t think it would really matter which one you choose.

Originally Posted By: MParr
car51
I can’t believe you’re asking that question. Are you searching through your 100+ QT stash to see what you need to use up first? I was just thumbing through the Castrol website and they spec 5w20 for the 4 cyl. and 5w30 for the V6. I don’t think it would really matter which one you choose.

Sorry. I don’t have much of stash left honestly between 4 cars.

Anywho, I’ll pribably just use the M1 5w30 I scored around thanksgiving time

Pick from the 100+ quarts you have on hand instead of buying something else. Not sure which to choose?

Line them up on a shelf in the garage and throw a dart at them. Which ever quart it hits go with that one for the oci.
smile.gif

from 11/14/17:

Originally Posted By: car51
A LOT with over 120~ quarts
smile.gif

Last edited:
Matt: you do realize/know I help folks out with oil changes right??

I don’t have 100+ quarts in the stash anymore also. I have some M1 0w40 and M1 5w30

Originally Posted By: MParr
In that case, I would go with the 5w30

From what I’ve saw from few UOA’s I’m gonna disagree that EP cant handle 15k+

It TIG1 can do 10k OCI’s on plain ole M1 that’s good enough for me

i like the EP in 10-30 flavor as it needs less viscosity improvers since most ALL "synthetics" are group III refined CRUDE oil, but if you live in very cold climate a 5-30 is better + really cold areas benefit from a real synthetic of which there are very few!!

Originally Posted By: car51
It TIG1 can do 10k OCI’s on plain ole M1 that’s good enough for me

Yes. I'm sure the ordinary M1 would do fine for your intervals, and then some.

We've been not bad the last few days, above freezing, but I did have one day that began to test the oil, with a low of -28 C back a few weeks ago already! It wasn't monograde weather, to say the least.

I bet.

I forgot to tell ya I saw Mobil DELVAC 10w30 at ADVANCE AUTO PARTS. $30/gallon SMH
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back