Nokian tire experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with Nokian
Hakkapeliitta LT2 tires. Picked up a non-studded set at a local shop for 475 out the door, size is 245/75r16, will be used on the vehicle in my signature

Originally Posted By: Warstud
You should'a asked before buying them.

I have no qualms about nokian, I'm sure they will be fine I'm just looking for experience for the heck of it

Have the Hakka R on my IS300 AWD. Traction and braking are great snow and ice. My only limitation is ground clearance. Not so quiet. Same as Blizzaks I have used.

got 4 rotiiva all weather tyres on my 08 colorado LS only 14,xxx so far + prolly will not see 30,000 + they are a bit slippy in the rain!! first nokian's + prolly the last, my cheaper firestone AT's were better. got a set of wranglers waiting in the wings, under 300 delivered from discount tyre with special discounts!!

Last edited:
I have Nordman R on the V70 and WRG3 on a past CRV. They're both exceptional in slush, ice and snow. The Nordman R is slippery in rain. On snow they grip like a tree frog. The WRG3 maybe the most unique tire I've ever run. From Stowe VT to Austin TX they handled every condition well and lasted 54,000 miles. Maybe the ultimate NE tire? Enjoy your Nokian's.

Sam

Last edited:
Haven’t tried their LT tires, but have had Hakka Qs, Hakka Rs, and Nordman 5s and 7s on three of my four cars—the ones that my wife and sons drive in the winter. Nokian winter tires are simply what I want in winter conditions for people I care about the most.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Originally Posted By: Rand
I see any Rotiiva all weather tire?

You are talking about their regular all-terrains right? those arent all weather like the WRG3
https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-at/

the At's are all-weather. they have the 3PMS logo. If you use Nokian's website pull down menu and select all-weather, the AT's should pop up.

Only WRG3 shows up?

IIRC:
the mountain snowflake means severe weather rated.. which is 10% more traction over a "standard reference tire" in "winter conditions"
it is not connected to "all weather" which is basically a tire category that was invented by marketing.. although quite a few more options now.. like the goodyear weatherready.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
I see any Rotiiva all weather tire?

You are talking about their regular all-terrains right? those arent all weather like the WRG3
https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-at/

the At's are all-weather. they have the 3PMS logo. If you use Nokian's website pull down menu and select all-weather, the AT's should pop up.

Only WRG3 shows up?

IIRC:
the mountain snowflake means severe weather rated.. which is 10% more traction over a "standard reference tire" in "winter conditions"
it is not connected to "all weather" which is basically a tire category that was invented by marketing.. although quite a few more options now.. like the goodyear weatherready.

the 3PMS mountain snowflake plus the UTQG wear rating makes it All-Weather category for Nokian's. The WR G3's for instance as a UTQG wear rating of 500.
the "All-season" M+S Entyre don't have the 3PMS
true winter tires with the 3PMS don't have UTQG wear rating, as it is not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back