Mobil1 5W-30 EP, 4999mi, 2007 Prius Touring, 89816

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prius89816.jpg

Minor clarification to the comments - the filter was not changed last OCI so it is the very same filter.

Flash point and TBN both seem low considering the short run.

Going to run the new sump 10,000 ...

The first oil was a dealer change, consensus was that it looked like Mobil Special (dealership made confusing statements about oil identity). The others are all M1EP.

OH - Filter Fram XG4967 - 10,452 mi

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Minor clarification to the comments - the filter was not changed last OCI so it is the very same filter.

Did they miss that info?

The oil in those filter thread photos looks exceptionally clean for 5,000 miles.
Definitely don't hesitate to go 10,000.

Honestly, I would never, ever drain M1 EP at only 5K.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Did they miss that info?

I think they misinterpreted my comment that it was “The second OCI on Fram Ultra”.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

The oil in those filter thread photos looks exceptionally clean for 5,000 miles.
Definitely don't hesitate to go 10,000.

Honestly, I would never, ever drain M1 EP at only 5K.

Well, people (including you and me) do what they want to do.

I’ve explained my reasoning a few times, but being the first Hybrid I’ve owned and somewhat unfamiliar with them and Toyotas in general plus having service records from day one, I decided to follow Toyota recommendations with respect to mileage at least starting out. Being as it is my car, my oil and my filter I get to do with it as I like
grin.gif

Robert: nice UOA I think. I probably will use whatever oil I have in stash for 5k as my Toyota owners manual says 5k for normal driving.

Mobile 1 is a winning combo for a Prius. I would go with a longer oil change interval if you drive on the highway.My dad did this and his Oil stayed very clean with Mobile 1 and a mobile synthetic filter.

Looks like fuel dilution for sure. Their measuring of dilution is based off flashpoint I believe. So it could have a lot more than 1% in there.

TBN is not always linear so it could drop much more slowly over more miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back