fram tough guard date code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought three of these filter for 0.69 each at my local tractor supply store that was liquidating the fram stock.
is there any way to date these filter i found a code on the side of the can.

When I bought my 3 tough guards at Walmart a week ago, they did not have the orange FRAM letters on the can. All text was black. Wonder if FRAM decided it was cost veenficial to just have all black text on the can instead of the orange FRAM text on it.

From a search on Fram's site: "The first digit refers to the year and the next three digits refer to the date identified as 1 - 365 days. The last digit refers to the manufacturing shift. For example, A63201 = 2006, 320 day (November 16) and shift one."

A70523 = 2017, 52 day (February 21) and shift 3.

awesome! i got a recently made filter for such a low price 0.69 if they would have had more i would have got them.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
awesome! i got a recently made filter for such a low price 0.69 if they would have had more i would have got them.

I was happy when I got 4 for $1.50 each, for $0.69, I would have grabbed them all.

2002 Ford F150: Havoline HM 5w-20, Ecogard Filter, 5k OCI

2012 Scion xB: QSUD 0w-20 syn, CQ Blue (Wix) Filter, 5k OCI

Originally Posted By: jakewells
i bought three of these filter for 0.69 each at my local tractor supply store that was liquidating the fram stock.

This sounds like it should have been a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back