2016 Audi Q5 3.0L - Liqui Moly 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This car was bought new and at around 3,000 miles, was upgraded to a GIAC Stage 2 Q5.

Below is my used oil analysis from about 5 months of use and 4,050 miles. the oil was about 1/4 quart low which I take to be negligible.

A few notes:

• The 12 ppm of Aluminum is actualy around 5 because a Virgin oil analysis of the Liqui Moly 5w40 2040 I used showed 7ppm
  • Not sure why, but the Oils viscosity thinned outt a decent amount to the point it was no longer in the 5w40 category. Not sure why this happened.

Originally Posted By: Storm897
Not sure why, but the Oils viscosity thinned outt a decent amount to the point it was no longer in the 5w40 category. Not sure why this happened.

The viscosity index improvers didn't hold up. There's no other explanation.

Viscosity really took a beating, but it didn't seem to hurt much. Not sure why the 1ppm of Tin though.

Maybe you could try some other oil next time? Not a fan of Liqui moly, they surf on their "German" reputation, and that's pretty much all.

Originally Posted By: Storm897
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Have you tried Castrol 0w40 at all? Works great in my 2.0T.

Jeff

Jeff,

This one? Castrol 03101 EDGE 0W-40

Yes that one, but you can get it at Walmart.com for $20 best oil for the Money IMO (for Euro Gas Cars Anyway)

Jeff

The 2016 Maintenance Guide shows that "VW 502 00" spec'd oil would need to be "synthetic oil SAE 5W-40, SAE 5W-30 or SAE 0W-40". Does this mean that my 5w-40 sheering down to a 30w would be a reason not to worry? Either way I will try Castrol during the next oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back