Cut Open L10241 New '15 made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 2 of these and some pure ones from a closing Kmart. They looked crusty from sitting on the shelf so long that I was worried. These one appears to be very good? Appears made in Jan 2015? F01H12D1

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
How much did you pay each?

Not too sure, its been awhile. But not a huge fan of the brand so I imagine I wouldnt have paid more than $2

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ram02
Purolator is back everybody it's time stock up on them. Leave the farm ultra alone 😯

lol.gif
... sure.

Initial appearance looks good. I wonder how it would look after 5,000 miles? I hardly ever by Purolator branded oil filters. I find them to be more expensive than other brands. Would I buy them if they were on sale? Possibly. If the past quality control issues get straightened out.

Originally Posted By: MParr
Initial appearance looks good. I wonder how it would look after 5,000 miles? I hardly ever by Purolator branded oil filters. I find them to be more expensive than other brands. Would I buy them if they were on sale? Possibly. If the past quality control issues get straightened out.

Before Amazon kicked their price up I was getting Purolator one new blue cans for $6.95 shipping paid. Now they are $12 something and now I'm buying Tough Guard. To bad for Amazon. To many good filters at 99% and 20 microns to mess with that foolishness.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Did they finally get rid of the stupid string ?

Yeah, about the time they started having tearing problems (~2014 time frame).
laugh.gif

Not really sure when they stopped using the string (I think some of the long diesel filters still have them), but it has been a while.

2002 Ford F150: Havoline HM 5w-20, Ecogard Filter, 5k OCI

2012 Scion xB: QSUD 0w-20 syn, CQ Blue (Wix) Filter, 5k OCI

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Yeah, about the time they started having tearing problems (~2014 time frame).
laugh.gif

Not really sure when they stopped using the string (I think some of the long diesel filters still have them), but it has been a while.

Well that's good to know. At least they're making some progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back