Physical results then and now

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. a year ago I weighed 258 pounds, cholesterol was 189, triglycerides-151, HDL-35, LDL-124.
No A1C was taken then.
Liver AST-68, ALT-121.

Fast forward a year in April I had issues with thirst, blurry vision so I went to the doc and the A1C was 13.9!
crazy2.gif

That was a wake up call. I changed my diet, dropped soda, candy and started eating much better. Plus walking 3 miles a day.
In September my A1C dropped to 6.0! Plus weight went down to 208.

On Monday of this week I had a physical.
I received the results today.
Weight-204, BP-110/60, Cholesterol-167, triclerides-102, HDL-45, LDL-102.
My AST DROPPED to 25 and the ALT DROPPED to 24.
A1C down to 5.7!

The liver numbers are amazing!! I was drinking a ton of Pepsi with HFCS, now I know what poison that is.

I feel so MUCH better now! I had to buy new clothes left and right. I am wearing size 34 pants now.
The doc dropped my meds to once a day in September and I hope to be off the next year.
He told me I am doing good and in excellent control. That made me feel good. The nurse told me after he left said he does not say that to very many of his patients.

This shows what one can do, don't let a Type 2 diagnosis make you think a death sentence.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Keep up the good work, stay away from junk food.

Now that weather is cooler you can talk your dog out for looooooong walks.

Dont have a dog, wife is allergic to them. This nice weather makes for great walking, it's just the getting dark at 5PM....

I do cheat a bit on the weekends. If I have a Pepsi it has cane sugar in it.
I read labels religiously.
The cholesterol levels are a little surprise since I use butter, coconut oil, eat eggs, bacon etc.
Of course lots of veggies too.

That is fantastic news! You have every right to be proud of yourself. Do you feel like you got your life back?

A guy at work is morbidly obese, think closer to 400 than 300, was confirmed in April he had Type 2 but probably had it for years as he won't go to a doctor. Look at him today any you can't see any difference from April. Ticking time bomb.

Again, great work. Do you have a target weight?

Edit to add, just realized you dropped 50 lbs in 5 months? Amazing.

Last edited:
Good stuff! I reversed my Type-II as well through avoiding sugar and things that turn to sugar in the body like carbs etc. I also lost 70lbs!

Good work! It's amazing what you can do with diet alone. Just had my DOT physical a couple weeks ago and I'm down 20lbs in about 6mo just by cutting out soda and other junk food. Keep up the good work!

My current weight of 150ish at 5'8" is less than I was when in the 6th grade.

Hope to be down to birth weight by summer.

Wow great job. You are right, both soda with HFCS AND sugar are poison. Learn to love fruits and veggies. If only others would do as you have. I work with a guy who is totally ignoring his diabetes.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Donald
What is Pepsi with HFCS??

High Fructose Corn Syrup

I drink a lot of Diet Pepsi. I have done a lot of reading and have not seen where diet soda is bad for you. Unless the sweet taste encourages you to eat a lot of other sweet things. My goal is to have one or two carbs a day. No juice. Some fruit.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What is Pepsi with HFCS??

High Fructose Corn Syrup

I drink a lot of Diet Pepsi. I have done a lot of reading and have not seen where diet soda is bad for you. Unless the sweet taste encourages you to eat a lot of other sweet things. My goal is to have one or two carbs a day. No juice. Some fruit.

Here are a few good articles on diet soda's. I do not drink them. Just water and unsweet tea.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/310909.php

https://www.diabeteswellbeing.com/diet-coke-diabetes/

https://www.sepalika.com/type-2-diabetes/can-diabetics-drink-diet-soda/

Last edited:
Wow that is awesome man! I wish more people too type 2 as seriously as you have! Congratulations! That drop in your A1C is WAY more impressive than your liver enzymes! That is really awesome.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Wow that is awesome man! I wish more people too type 2 as seriously as you have! Congratulations! That drop in your A1C is WAY more impressive than your liver enzymes! That is really awesome.

Thanks man. After I was diagnosed I read up on what can happen. Right then I decided to change. No body parts being cutting off for me!

It really was not that hard to do. Type 2 is easily reversed through diet and exercise.
And yes I do eat chocolate chip cookies and brownies in moderation. I make them, no store bought. I find that using REAL ingredients is key.

Last edited:
Congrats on your health breakthrough. Diabetes is a whole body disease that affects everything. I have lived next to the same family for 17 years. The woman is my age, diabetic, and used to weigh about 300 pounds. She did very little to manage the disease and recently lost a leg. Watching her struggle kills my desire for sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back