Anybody Seen d1G2 M1 0W30 AFE or 5W30 EP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XOM says that these two oils have dexos1 Gen 2 licenses, but I haven't seen either one with packaging that reflects that at my local Walmarts.
I have seen plain ol M1 5W30 Gen 2 for a while and the AP product has always had a Gen 2 license #.
Have the oils in the title been observed in the wild??

I have been trying to find the new version as well. Also I thought there is a post on here somewhere about the new d1g2 version and that there is a difference between the two. I can't find it but I could be mistaken

Its in some Walmarts now; dexos1 Gen2 labels right up front. ... seen it.
Wonder if the formula even had to change at all to pass the new Gen2 tests? I'd assume the recipe did not change at all.
My 2018 GM Equinox owner's manual says to use dexos1 Gen2 oils, or just use ANY dexos1 Mobil1 (as in old generation dexos1 Mobil1 is just fine in 2018 1.5T DI engines, no problem.)

According to this very complete list that member OVERKILL sent me.
smile.gif

Happy Friday gents
smile.gif

http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

Originally Posted By: car51
According to this very complete list that member OVERKILL sent me.
smile.gif

http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

That list is often leaving out a lot of stuff we see on the shelves with a Gen2 label, but not on that "official" list.
They need to keep that up better I guess.
There is nothing like seeing "Gen2" on the front label. Thats the only truth. Don't go by that list.

Well sir, my Valvoline “advanced synthetic” in new jug styling isn’t Gen2 approved. I tend to believe OVERKILLS info also as he’s pretty darn straightforward.

I believe that list btw, sorry if you or some folks don’t. To each their own

Well sir, my Valvoline “advanced synthetic” in new jug styling isn’t Gen2 approved.
Then its not their Gen2 recipe inside. Or at least you cannot rely on it to be.
I tend to believe OVERKILLS info also as he’s pretty darn straightforward.
OVERKILL doesn't build or edit that list. Sorry for the news.

Not the point. If you see an oil on the shelf at walmart with the Gen2 logo printed on the front, and it doesn't appear on the official list, do you believe the bottle label or the official list? Obviously the bottle label wins.
Its mainly what doesn't make the list. It takes them a long time to add ones in there.

I think that centerforqa list gets updated slower than the industry. If I see the gen2 label on the jug, then I feel I’m good to go. That list is also global.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Well sir, my Valvoline “advanced synthetic” in new jug styling isn’t Gen2 approved.
Then its not their Gen2 recipe inside. Or at least you cannot rely on it to be.
I tend to believe OVERKILLS info also as he’s pretty darn straightforward.
OVERKILL doesn't build or edit that list. Sorry for the news.

Not the point. If you see an oil on the shelf at walmart with the Gen2 logo printed on the front, and it doesn't appear on the official list, do you believe the bottle label or the official list? Obviously the bottle label wins.
Its mainly what doesn't make the list. It takes them a long time to add ones in there.

How can you say that it is not their Gen2 oil? Maybe they put the new formula in the new style jug and didn’t update labels?? Possible? If it didn’t appear on the list I would call Valvoline which I have before. Mistakes can happen
smile.gif

How can you say that it is not their Gen2 oil? Maybe they put the new formula in the new style jug and didn’t update labels?? Possible? If it didn’t appear on the list I would call Valvoline which I have before. Mistakes can happen
smile.gif

I'm just saying that you can't rely on it being Gen2 if no Gen2 is seen on the front label.
It could indeed be Gen2, since they may have been in production with Gen2 and shipping jugs out before they could legally put "Gen2" on the label yet. You just don't know if Gen2 is in there or not, is all I've said.
There is currently a rumor that Valvoline did not have to change formulas to go to Gen2 anyway. So this could be moot. The rumor came from a phone call a bitoger made to a guy a Valvoline who says they didn't change anything for Gen2. Of course, we know phone reps can be full of cow fertilizer, so still not sure.
A UOA or VOA would tell more.

Thanks for the clarification sir. Sorry if I came off wrong also.

Yeah, my Wal Marts still have the old style Valvoline synpower/Maxlife jugs there and very few new style jugs

Wemay: not to beat a horse here but this new style jug Valvoline Syn high mileage hasn’t a Dexos Approved Gen 2 label on front then this on back. So, would one venture to say or guess its Gen2 approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back