Any G96 Oil Users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The G96 oil / CLP has been of interest for a while - any user experiences yes / no as to how you like it ?

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
The G96 oil / CLP has been of interest for a while - any user experiences yes / no as to how you like it ?

It's a good CLP but not good enough to justify the high price tag. 4 ounces for $13 is about the cheapest I can find it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G96-Products-Synthetic-CLP-Gun-Oil-4-Ounce/122791763128?epid=1400192865&hash=item1c96f59cb8:g:ZYwAAOSw6VRZ~Z72:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!06340!US!-1

Nothing about G96 Synthetic CLP is worth that much, IMO. There are plenty of other good CLP's out there, at a much lower price.

Originally Posted By: AMC
It's a good CLP but not good enough to justify the high price tag. 4 ounces for $13 is about the cheapest I can find it. Nothing about G96 Synthetic CLP is worth that much, IMO. There are plenty of other good CLP's out there, at a much lower price.

There is no gun lubricant that is worth $3.25 an ounce. That's insane.

Thanks for replies - if FP-10 or Mpro-7 CLP's are comparable then I can find at a better price than G96 .

George Fennel was the original inventor of FP-10. He sold it to Shooters Choice and moved on to create the Weapon Shield line of products. Which according to him, are superior.

From George Fennel:

"Yes I did. And I sold it to Shooters Choice because Weapon Shield was far superior, and there was no need to redundantly market another product inferior to Weapon Shield.... So I sold it and the name too. It's register to them.... Shooters Choice / Ventco Industries."

I'm fairly new to firearms so please take it with a grain of salt and I have only used G96 to clean a 9mm and a 22LR.

I notice for general cleaning and lubricating G96 is good enough but it does not evaporate as fast as the Hoppe's bore cleaner. The residual tends to stay on for awhile and collects quite a bit of carbon inside the slide after a trip to the range. Which means if you use it to clean the bore, you may want to run a few more patches to make sure the bore is dry.

Maybe this is engineered to behave like this since the product can be used for long term storage preparation.

I agree with the smell tend to be more pleasant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back