RIP Jim Nabors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-nabors-gomer-pyle-andy-griffith-show-dead-87-honolulu/

"HONOLULU -- Jim Nabors, the shy Alabaman whose down-home comedy made him a TV star as Gomer Pyle and whose surprisingly operatic voice kept him a favorite in Las Vegas and other showplaces, died Thursday. He was 87.

Nabors, who underwent a liver transplant in 1994 after contracting hepatitis B, died peacefully at his home in Hawaii after his health had declined for the past year, said his husband, Stan Cadwallader, who was by his side."

Originally Posted By: Boczech
RIP Mr. Nabors and say Hello To Andy for us.

01.gif

Sad news...he was a funny guy and his singing ability always surprised me.

I loved to watch Andy Griffith as a kid because things in Mayberry were generally peaceful and the sheriff was so relaxed.
There was a lot of turmoil in our house when I was little and I couldn't stand shows with lots of screaming like "All In The Family" or violence like the Three Stooges. Shows like Sesame Street and then AG when I got older helped take me away to a calmer place.

The cast is down to Opie and he is in his 60s. Andy's hometown of Mt Airy NC has turned itself into Mayberry and is well worth the visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back