13 Altima oil change interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a 2013 Nissan Altima with the 2.5 . Wondering how often I should change the oil . 60 percentage city driving and 40 percent highway. Current oil fill is 0w20 Mobil one extended performance. How many miles should I go before changing ? Doesn’t burn any oil . Thanks

Me... 7500 miles per manual for "easy" driving conditions. Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0w20 is 60-70% PAO... Stout oil indeed. Keep it rolling
smile.gif

That Altima requires 0w20 in 13?

I have the solid tappet cam in the 14 rogue.

That's a 30 grade "synthetic" or else.

Use the M1 100A EP filter or a FRAM Toughguard and ditch the NISSAN junk filters if you have a spin-on

Not positive on the 2013 model year, but the 2016 model year Nissan Service and Maintenance Guide says 5000 miles or 6mo for engine oil and filter changes for "standard service". Severe duty is 3750mi. They recommend 0w20 for the VQ35DE V6 in my Nissan, but if you spot the fine print is says 5w30 can be used for severe service.

Nissan is one of the few brands I've never owned. Counting the Rogue Sport (Qashqi) they seem to have a couple of interesting new small SUV's coming out. However a 5/3.75 K oil change interval would be a stopper, or at least a slower.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

EDIT:
Use the M1 110 EP filter or a FRAM Toughguard and ditch the NISSAN junk filters if you have a spin-on

Last edited:
My wife's 2011 Rogue has the same engine, the QR25DE.

Manual says 3750 miles for "severe" use, which is defined as anything other than open highway with no dust between 40 and 80 degrees. So, Nissan basically says everyone who uses a car under normal conditions is in "severe" service. [censored].

5k dino changes with jobber filters is fine. And 2011 spec'd 5w-30, so the 0w-20 is not a mechanical necessity but rather a legal/regulatory one.

My 2 cents - ditch the thinner oil, use a 0w-30 or 5w-30, change at 5k if you use dino oil and go longer with a synthetic, to the point where you're comfortable.

I would go 6,000 to 7,000 miles between changes. I will be servicing a 2017 Rogue this morning. Using 0w20 Synthetic and a K&N Pro Series filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back