VEGEMITE: very tasty

Good evening folks. So I got a early birthday gift of 12 VEGEMITE containers. Had some Italian bread toasted with some on each slice. Very good tasting is all I will say. That’s just my opinion. I see why members SR5 and maybe Shannow like this food staple
smile.gif

Brewer's yeast fines, as I understand it, that is, it's the yeast-left overs from the bottom of the vats used for brewing beer. Oddly enough, unlike the beer it comes from, it's actually good for you.

Last edited:
The only thing I like about it is watching someone try a big spoonful for the first time.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
I need to try this. What is the carb count?

Hope this helps sir
smile.gif

Thanks, I'm going to try this out.

You know you've got enough Vit B when your pee turns yellow. I know when I've had a Vegemite sandwich.

Yeah,
good stuff...if you have enough it will turn your pee yellow there's so much vit B in it.

have it on toast for breakfast 3-4 days a week.
About once a month I do grilled cheese on toast with vegemite between the toast and the cheese.

School lunches as a kid (not same day)
* vegemite samdwich
* cheese and vegemite sandwich
* lettuce and vegemite sandwich (Shredded lettuce)
* beetroot sandwich

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/cheesy-mite-scrolls/90ab022d-c26c-4f48-b744-137e076669c4

I've had Marmite before. Basically the same thing right?

I always thought that this stuff along with Maggi and some brands of soy sauce all had a very similar flavor profile. Salty, rich, nutty, savory.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
The only thing I like about it is watching someone try a big spoonful for the first time.
wink.gif

lol.gif

vegemite is good, but I prefer Marmite.
Far more potent and a little goes a long way!

If you want to see a heated discussion get out of control bring up a Vegemite/Marmite contest into a gathering in New Zealand. My daughter says ''Oh, they're the same right...?'' And she's known me for 36 years, and dares say that !!

I was having lunch at home today, having Vegemite on toasted raisin bread, and I ran out of Vegemite - Oh Noooo !!! I had a look on the top shelf of the pantry - 2 full jars, phew !!

Last edited:
My son and I have Vegemite on toast, often with a slice of cheese on top - sort of like an open sandwich, for breakfast maybe 4 or 5 times a week.

When you start out, just use a hint of vegemite, not too much for the beginner.

Australian army combat ration packs all contain a small tube of vegemite, good way to tell a spy in the ranks, only a ANZAC would be able to suck it down neat and then ask for another.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Hey Happy Birthday Car51 !!!

Thank you Ron
smile.gif

Installed our new shop “toy” er..... device. OTC brand oil filter crusher and it works great!

Back