Low T that's right I said it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright fellas this maybe a sensitive topic but I'm bringing it up. How many of you dudes have had yours checked? I've had mine checked by my primary doctor. All is good there.

My buddies who've I've talked too told me the same thing from their doctors. They decided to go to a low t type center and all of the sudden their numbers low or need to be in the higher range.

They all now feel great. More energy, sex drive is through the roof and these guys are in their 40's.

Would it be worth getting it checked through a clinic vs primary doctor? I'm 40 by the way.

Yes there is! All of the things that your friends are reporting are just some of the major benefits to keep this level "maintained". There is no reason to be ashamed of this. It is natural for this to occur, but it can happen earlier in some. As a person in the medical field I can assure you that there are MANY people who have this issue and treat it medically. Just imagine if everyone had their levels check as you mentioned. Your primary doctor can do the tests and ensure that you are in appropriate shape for treatment. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
Your primary doctor can do the tests and ensure that you are in appropriate shape for
banana2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
. Good luck.

Fixed it.

I couldn't get the right dose with shots and the topical didn't seem to do much. Back to letting nature have it's way.

I'm getting close to 50, been divorced a couple years now.

I think I'm about to the point where I don't care anymore.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
Yes there is! All of the things that your friends are reporting are just some of the major benefits to keep this level "maintained". There is no reason to be ashamed of this. It is natural for this to occur, but it can happen earlier in some. As a person in the medical field I can assure you that there are MANY people who have this issue and treat it medically. Just imagine if everyone had their levels check as you mentioned. Your primary doctor can do the tests and ensure that you are in appropriate shape for treatment. Good luck.

I'm not ashamed of this. I'm just asking if it's worth getting a second opinion from a low t clinic eventhough my doctor says I'm ok. I'm wondering if I'm on the lower range of normal.

Going through it right now with my doctor... Trying everything before we get to the shots / topical treatments. So far nothing has worked. I don't feel any different other than I seem to get tired more easily and I don't have the strength in my hands like I used to.

I doubled my levels (verified by labs) by eating certain foods and not eating certain foods.......against "conventional wisdom". All that mess about not eating cholesterol and saturated fats? Hogwash. They are critical nutrients for the brain and hormone production. I'd get into more specifics, but I'm sure someone would flame me for daring to go against mainstream advice.

First off do you workout at all second do you lift weights and what is you diet.

I think most people want an excuse and your looking for the answer you want to hear and not the truth

How much does the blood test and the hormone shots cost? My health insurance won't pay for it. It's going to be out of pocket for me. I can give myself the shots; I got used to it when I was on Lovenox.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Going through it right now with my doctor... Trying everything before we get to the shots / topical treatments. So far nothing has worked. I don't feel any different other than I seem to get tired more easily and I don't have the strength in my hands like I used to.

Hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Originally Posted By: 28oz
I doubled my levels (verified by labs) by eating certain foods and not eating certain foods.......against "conventional wisdom". All that mess about not eating cholesterol and saturated fats? Hogwash. They are critical nutrients for the brain and hormone production. I'd get into more specifics, but I'm sure someone would flame me for daring to go against mainstream advice.

Would like to hear what you have to say about it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
How much does the blood test and the hormone shots cost? My health insurance won't pay for it. It's going to be out of pocket for me. I can give myself the shots; I got used to it when I was on Lovenox.

I've heard about 100 a month. It's expensive but if it makes me our feel better there's no cost in that...especially if the wife is happy.

Originally Posted By: dave123
I think most people want an excuse and your looking for the answer you want to hear and not the truth

The truth shall set you free. I've tried all kinds of vitamins. Diet is pretty good. Probably better than some. At 40 I shouldn't feel so tried at the end of the day. My weight is good. Thyroid no issues. I would like answers.

Originally Posted By: dave123
First off do you workout at all second do you lift weights and what is you diet.

I go to the gym twice a week. Diet is pretty good. I've dropped 35 lbs. Down to 180 now. I could drink 4 cups of coffee a day. Caffeine is iffy with me. Sometimes I get the kick and some not so much.

I will be 57 next week. Still have an "active" life style that I enjoy very much. Go to the gym almost daily too, and eat like a horse. No pills, no low T, just living life to the max!

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I've tried all kinds of vitamins. Diet is pretty good. Probably better than some. At 40 I shouldn't feel so tried at the end of the day. My weight is good. Thyroid no issues. I would like answers.

Here are some good low-T articles:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/?s=testosterone

Don't give up on the vitamins and supplements, very important if done well, i.e. the right supplements at effective dosages taken with food (typically fatty foods) for proper absorption.

Personally, mega-dosing on powder Vitamin C (not the tablets) around 1000mg every 4 hours or so mixed in some OJ helped my energy levels a lot, especially those late afternoon crashes in the winter months.

If I need or want a quick extra boost I'll also take 2000mg of sublingual B12 supplement, again not tablets they are useless for B12.

I'm not a doctor, but a couple of years ago there were two older men that frequented a gym I was going to who got to talking about using a topical gel testosterone supplement. One of the things that one of them talked about was being sure to get off of using the stuff for a couple of weeks before having blood work done to check his PSA number. He was saying that using the testosterone gel would make his PSA number to high and that if it was high his doctor would no longer prescribe the T gel for him. So because he and his girlfriend both liked the way the T gel worked for him, he essentially fooled his doctor by not using the gel for a couple of weeks before getting his PSA tested. I thought this was foolish because if when using the T gel the majority of the time his PSA numbers were high he could be setting him self up for some major prostate problems, such as prostate cancer.

Last edited:
I had my levels taken in my mid 20s and even then I was on the lower side of the accepted range (for both the "free t" value as well as the other one). The endocrinologist told me that nothing was medically wrong and that trying to bump up the numbers with drugs would mess up the body's natural systems. She then told me that I needed to try really hard to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.

I listen to the Joe Rogan podcast and a lot of the guys he has on all claim that the modern healthy "lean" diet is not good for T production. Cholesterol and fat along with very primitive type exercises are needed to restore those low levels. I am inclined to believe this is so due to a few experiments I've done with diet and gym routine.

It's part of the natural aging process. If you want to do something about it, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Just do it safely.

And avoid soy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back