Walmart HyperTough Power Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they worthy competitors of the Chicago Electric tools at Harbor Freight?

Last week on black friday I bought a 120V/2A vari-speed, oscillating multi-tool kit at HF for only $25. Today at WM I saw a very similar tool, for $19 (did not include any accessories).

The Chicago Electric tool comes with a 90 day warranty, and the HyperTough tool comes with a 2 year warranty. The cashier at HF did offer me a 2 year extended warranty for an extra $20. No thanks!
smirk.gif

It does seem like the perfect brand for a hyper, tough man-child as he spazzes around underneath a 20 year old Volvo.

I actually got a set of their wrenches for my kids last Xmas... they sit unused but seem like they'd work in a pinch. Strength is there, the chrome is awful though.

I have a little plastic sabre saw from WM that I only use on sheet-rock. Been using it for years. It will not quit.

I think it was $19 years ago. Never saw another.

Sometimes you can get good stuff ... It's a roll of the dice
laugh.gif

I have the Hyper Tough 6A angle grinder that I use for sharpening my mower blades. It was $14 on sale at WM and I have had no trouble with it. My local machine shop charges $8/blade for sharpening mower blades so the grinder more than paid for itself before I even got done with one of my mowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back