Fram CA7626, ~36k mi. pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif
Probably looks a little worse in the pics (and next to new filter) than eyeballing in the light of day. However, AFs do become efficient with use and this interval about what I do. Be interesting to have it on a filter minder restriction gauge, but I'd 'speculate' it's not restrictive.

I always like to point to the linked thread as a point of reference for AF filter life. In addition to JOD member Jim Allen has some good thoughts on the subject.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4348255/1

Mileage with an air filter means nothing. It's all about the environment which the engine operates.
Someone could have a grungy filter after 12k miles.

In a particularly dusty area 12k miles could be the needed AF interval. Otoh as the previously posted link 67k mile AF anecdote indicates, one can have a filter that visually may appear to be loaded however not be restrictive as measured by a filterminder. As comparison only, in my observation the 67k filter linked visually appears more loaded than the topic filter.

I don't live a particularly dusty area. OM AF interval recommendation ~30k miles and as noted in the link, used to be the norm for me. After the linked post buoyed by Jim Allen's comments and knowing AF's become more efficient with use, I'm not afraid to take it a tad beyond that. Though purely subjective, similar/same engine performance before and after the AF change.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Mileage with an air filter means nothing. It's all about the environment which the engine operates.
Someone could have a grungy filter after 12k miles.

Like in Hamilton, Ontario where the steal mills are... It's gross what accumulates on window sills even.
crazy2.gif

I was wondering where the smelting plant was near ya??
smile.gif
Or if you were in Canton, North Carolina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back