2018 Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Jeep Wrangler... I want it with the 3.0L Eco-Diesel.
20.gif

You ever try building a Jeep Wrangler online? There are 13 different versions plus you can customize it, too.

Wranglers only look good with the painted-body-color fenders. Those black Plastic Fantastic fenders look cheap and low end, ruins the entire vehicle.

I’m going to be real honest... I don’t understand the hype about the new Wrangler. It has looked the same forever, and has been an awesome vehicle forever. It may be different under the skin, with some updates here and there, but it looks the same.

I read about it earlier and was gonna make a post, you beat me to it! I’ll post a link below of the article.

While I’d love to own one, I never would at this point. Aluminum, really!? Every ding and dent is gonna cost a fortune to repair. Also, I thought the EcoDiesel has been a nightmare in the Ram? There will also be a turbo 4 cylinder. Also has a 3,500 pound towing capacity. That’s way too low, even my 21 year old Jeep is rated for 5,000 pounds.

Everything else is really cool, new transmission, the Pentastar, the axles, everything else.

I just can’t get over the aluminum and the EcoDiesel. No thanks.

LINK

Actually I'm all for an aluminum body my sister has a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited and it was showing rust in several areas by 2015! Here in Massachusetts and several other high rust winter areas I would much rather an aluminum body.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Also has a 3,500 pound towing capacity. That’s way too low, even my 21 year old Jeep is rated for 5,000 pounds.

The Wrangler was never really designed to be a tow vehicle. Same towing capacity as our JK. 3500 lbs is only for the 4 door version, the 2 door Wranglers are only rated for 2000 lbs.

Well, it does look better than that Renegade. Fiat messed up with that model. Just my opinion.

I’m not a Jeep fan.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Also has a 3,500 pound towing capacity. That’s way too low, even my 21 year old Jeep is rated for 5,000 pounds.

The Wrangler was never really designed to be a tow vehicle. Same towing capacity as our JK. 3500 lbs is only for the 4 door version, the 2 door Wranglers are only rated for 2000 lbs.
I don't see why it can't tow as much as my Cherokee. 100 more horsepower and a lot more modern suspension and steering. I think they could make it two 5,000 pounds. Would be nice to be able to tow a decent camper out.

I think they're pretty sharp, but I saw on a spy video where the steering knuckles are now aluminum.

I am sure Mopar has upgrade kits available.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

I don't see why it can't tow as much as my Cherokee. 100 more horsepower and a lot more modern suspension and steering. I think they could make it two 5,000 pounds. Would be nice to be able to tow a decent camper out.

Wheelbase, not enough wheelbase to be safe towing much. I have towed one time with a short wheelbase vehicle, never again.

Last edited:
I like it, but after reading up on the Eco-Diesel, and the up charge for it, I'd pass. I wasn't impressed with the specs of the turbo 4 either. I'd go with the Pentastar V6 if I were to trade up from my 2016, and only after the early adopters get the all bugs reported. The aluminum doesn't thrill me either. Come to think of it, I'll keep my 2016, and next new vehicle will be a GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back