Amsoil OE is comparable to???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of information on the high end Amsoil but I can't seem to find much on the OE.

Just curious what oils available in box stores the OE would be comparable to. Standard M1, PP, etc.?

Any thoughts?

Pablo is an Amsoil jobber and knows the product line well and he is also a BITOGER / site sponsor. I would PM him. I'm sure he could best answer that.

I'm an Amsoil user but I don't know much about the OE line because I only use Signature Series.

Probably the equivalent of Mobil 1 or Mobil Super Synthetic.

Not sure why anyone would use it when you can get Mobil 1 more easily and for less money.

Pablo or any anybody else's opinion on this topic is nothing more than a guess.

Last edited:
I did some back to back testing on Amsoil OE back in the day ( a few years ago ) and it held up well in my cars. I also tried Amsoil XL and SS and my conclusion is that OE is a good bang for the buck for your average daily beater.

I would post some links to my UOA threads but due to stupid Photobucket's money grab nonsense, the reports are all not visible... should have included the results in the forum CODE so it would be visible forever.
33.gif

Anyway, I tested it in a sludge monster 98 Camry V6 @ 5 & 7k Miles, and 06 Scion tC @ 5k and also a 2007 Civic EX 1.8L @ 8,000 miles with Blackstone saying the oil has plenty of life left. BITOGers suggested I move up to XL if I wanted to go further (that was my plan).

Howdy cb417, concerning OE oil,I believe other brands out there are just as good or better for the money. Although there is a great uoa from July 2016 on a 05 Tundra.The guy forgot about changing the oil and he ended up with over 21,000mi. I believe without any make up oil or a filter change and the Blackstone report was pretty good all things considered.Check it out,I think it's post #4132352 Cheers.

Originally Posted By: Ram02
Amsoil OE is a overpriced QSUD , QSUD is a fine oil at a less price

^Probably^

I'd like to do a "Heads up" with Amsoil OE and Harvest King Full Synthetic

Originally Posted By: cb4017
Lots of information on the high end Amsoil but I can't seem to find much on the OE.

Just curious what oils available in box stores the OE would be comparable to. Standard M1, PP, etc.?

Any thoughts?

I do not get the interest in Amsoil OE. There are better oils for less $$ at Walmart. Amsoil signature is another story. It's excellent oil at a high price. Worth it if you have the $$. Other top oils are close or equal, but you cannot go wrong with Amsoil signature.

Thanks Gents. I stick with 5,000 oil change intervals and was considering a run of OE through my 5.3 LS engine. Seems there is no reason not to keep using M1 or PP from WM.

Originally Posted By: cb4017
Thanks Gents. I stick with 5,000 oil change intervals and was considering a run of OE through my 5.3 LS engine. Seems there is no reason not to keep using M1 or PP from WM.

Smart. With the rebates that happen quite often it is hard to beat PP or Mobil 1 prices. If you plan on pushing the oil to the limit, then the top of the line Amsoil could work well for you, with a UOA to confirm.

Just split the difference and use the XL line. That one seems to be a about the best overall value. Price is not in the stratosphere as the SS line, and it is equal or better than most of the other stuff on the shelf.

I would PM Pablo and give him your vehicle specifications and your goal, including mileage. He will recommend the proper Amsoil application. Pablo has over a decade of experience with Amsoil. He is a great asset and will give you a great deal. Just ask! * I have no affiliation to Amsoil. I only speak from experience.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

The Fram Ultra matches the performance of the Amsoil filter at a much lesser cost.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
I would PM Pablo and give him your vehicle specifications and your goal, including mileage. He will recommend the proper Amsoil application. Pablo has over a decade of experience with Amsoil. He is a great asset and will give you a great deal. Just ask! * I have no affiliation to Amsoil. I only speak from experience.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back