Thoughts on Falken Pro G4 A/S 65k Mile Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend who puts a lot of miles on his Taurus - about 30k per year asked me to help him buy new tires as I do for him every two years. The last tires we bought were Cooper CS5 which he liked a lot. This time around he wanted to be on a budget and wanted the most decent tire that will last him two years or longer with the type of mileage he put on his vehicle. Vehicle is driven year round. It's a 2015 Taurus with tire size 235/55-18. It came down to Fuzion, Milestar and Falken due to the rebates and incentives at DTD.

The Fuzion are junk based on my own experience having driven a car with them on in the past. They sounded like the bearings in your vehicle are all gone. I have driven a vehicle in the past with Milestar tires and from what I remember, they were nice and smooth. I've never driven in snow or rain with those so I can't comment. The Falken seemed to have decent reviews with a 65k Mile treadwear warranty but I have no experience with them at all.

The General Altimax RT43, Cooper CS5 and Michelin were all out of the running due to price. The Falken seem to have a similar tread design to Cooper CS5 and are similar to Sumitomo ZE950 based on some favorable but not many reviews.

What is your experience with the Falken's?

Cooper CS3 tires will have better winter traction than the CS5 tires. I believe they are rated for 65k miles and will be cheaper than the CS5 tires. I'd go with those. I do like the tread pattern of the Falkens but reviews seem so-so at best. Looks like they're a performance all-season which means less winter traction than regular all seasons.

Best Tires for Ford Taurus

Those are one of falken's newest and "best" tires.

downsides: possible performance degradation as it wears(not sure about sipe depth etc) and noise.

A superior choice in its price range.

I have the ZE950 on my car and they have been great so far. I put about 15k on my set. They will probably last about 40-45k (mine have thew W speed rating which only gets a 45k warranty), but that's longer than I plan on keeping the car anyway.

Falken is miles ahead of Milestar and Fuzion. So if those are your three choices, Falken is easily the best choice by far.

If you can wait a few weeks, DTD will probably have another good sale for Christmas/New Years, which could get you the CS5 at a more reasonable price.

Put a set on my wife's 2014 Town and country. We've got 25,000 miles on them and I seriously doubt they'll make it to 40,000 (and still be safe) There is no way these tires could make it to 65,000 miles. I've rotated them twice a year. I was expecting more. I actually looked at the Milestar 50,000 tires and wished i would have tried those instead. If I didn't have a set of snow tires I'd replace them now. p225-65-17 H rated.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Corollaman
Put a set on my wife's 2014 Town and country. We've got 25,000 miles on them and I seriously doubt they'll make it to 40,000 (and still be safe) There is no way these tires could make it to 65,000 miles. I've rotated them twice a year. I was expecting more. I actually looked at the Milestar 50,000 tires and wished i would have tried those instead. If I didn't have a set of snow tires I'd replace them now. p225-65-17 H rated.

If you have a local DT you can get them prorated at 4/32 or less tread depth.

They will apply the pro-rated credit to any tire they sell.. and you can stack with one of the massive rebate deals that happen about 6x a year.

I did that the michelin defenders on the accent that wore out in 25000 miles..
Ended up making money($50~~) even with the most expensive replacement option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back