Mobil One oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any difference between their oil lines? Just courious if AF is the same as grey bottle full synthetic.

Thanks

By AF do you mean Advanced Fuel Economy? I was always under the impression these were just 0w-XX ILSAC oils and the "regular" M1 was 5/10w-XXs.

If you're talking about the new Annual Protection, I believe it's a different formula.

I would like to know myself.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Almost 5000 posts and then this question.

Hmmmm.

Alright Mr 11,000 post man. Answer the question.

Advance fuel. I know its their fuel economy oils but was wondering if the composition is the same.

Originally Posted By: fenixguy
By AF do you mean Advanced Fuel Economy? I was always under the impression these were just 0w-XX ILSAC oils and the "regular" M1 was 5/10w-XXs.

If you're talking about the new Annual Protection, I believe it's a different formula.

I would like to know myself.

Advance fuel

AFE 0w-20 used to be the same formula as the previous grey top 0w-20, not sure if the evolutionary process that has happened with their product line has maintained that trend or not
21.gif
EP and now AP are the two notably different product lines due to their extended drain capability.

Regular Mobil 1: Baseline synthetic.

Advanced Fuel Economy: More focused on fuel economy.

Extended Performance: For tougher applications and longer OCIs.

High Mileage: For older engines (slightly thicker, includes seal conditioners, etc.).

Annual Protection: For the longest OCIs.

ESP: For tough applications that have sensitive emissions systems (e.g. DPFs).

Yes they are getting so many variations of Mobil 1 that I wonder what I get now.

For example, is AFE (advanced fuel economy) formulated with about the same % of basestock as others (or is there going to be a difference in amount(s) of Group III, PAO, ester)?

Is the difference primary going to be in the additive package with a consistent base?

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Almost 5000 posts and then this question.

Hmmmm.

Alright Mr 11,000 post man. Answer the question.

01.gif

Originally Posted By: sir1900
I think OP is asking the difference between AFE and Mobil Super Synthetic.

But I could be wrong.

Super synthetic is a blend. AFE is a full.

MSS?
Always seemed over priced - but found on clearance and just put in Fusion … I had PG in it so probably about equal …

How much worse?? Well the 5w30 version here is Dexos approved with the gen 2 labeling on the back of it, API SN, ILSAC GF-5, WSS-m2c-946 approved as well. The only spec that is not on this MSS is the HTO-06 that regular Mobil 1 carries. So, really not all that much difference between the two at the end of the day.
HTO-06 may well be an older specification but I like that is tests used oil. Whereas Dexos tests new oil only I believe. That may have changed with gen 2 coming out. Wondering about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back