Christmas spending question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we are into the full-fledged Christmas spending season, what would best describe your Christmas spending this year
I will spend less
I'll spend about the same
I will spend more

Why does it sound like from your recent posts that you are doing market research?

I'll....spend .........the Christmas..... somewhere warm .....

This also is good against food comas and snow trowing exhaustion

(Don't tell wifey) ... and against (cough cough) nice relatives

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Why does it sound like from your recent posts that you are doing market research?

I enjoy getting input and people talking. Is there a problem with that?

I vote for the guy is bored, with a vivacious mind and close to a computer.
At least he has WAY better topics then the current resident trlollolala MErk....

The market research sounded a bit different.....
Also they did give updates and on-the-fly statistics

The last couple of years, we have traveled for Christmas, so most of our "Christmas" spending goes to that. All in all, about the same. around $100 each for the son, daughter and wife. The rest is for travel.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
You're asking for too much information!

How so. If you spent 2.00 last year and plan to spend 1.00 or 3.00 this year it covers it. It could also cover it if you spent $ 2,000 last year and plan on spending more or less. Who said you had to answer the question?

Originally Posted By: pandus13

I vote for the guy is bored, with a vivacious mind and close to a computer.

True! I got rid of Facebook. People used to love my daily questions on there....:)

All our family is done with useless consumerist spending. Odd gifts here/there across all family/friends. Might spend a whopping $200 total. We just enjoy Christmas eve all together over good food, good wine and good times. Then on Christmas day we have a nice meal with family. That's it.

Last edited:
There's a place in this world for idle curiosity.

The "sample size" (those who respond on this thread) will be so tiny as to be worthless.

We're going to spend about the same. A misleading answer at best because we don't spend much to begin with.

Sort of like Stevie above.

I hate it (the commercialization) personally. Always did.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Two fruit cakes from Collins in Texas. Overpriced but wife likes to snack of fruit cake. I guess I do too.
I love a good fruit cake and my maternal grandmother made them like no other. Does Collins Bakery use a lot of fruit and/or glaze on theirs?

Just my daughter only - I'll spend about $100-$150

I'll just re-wrap stuff I already own to add my tags to under the tree.

My ex-wife, however will use my child support money to buy each kid about $1000 worth (or more)

Originally Posted By: StevieC
All our family is done with useless consumerist spending. Odd gifts here/there across all family/friends. Might spend a whopping $200 total. We just enjoy Christmas eve all together over good food, good wine and good times. Then on Christmas day we have a nice meal with family. That's it.

Sounds wonderful!

It really is. We have a lot of fun playing games, eating good food and just socializing. No need for gifts "Just Because". You might be surprised.
wink.gif

All our kids and even the grandkids are grown, so we just give money to all of them. Our son and daughter get BIG checks, since we are starting to parcel out some of their inheritance . lol.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Two fruit cakes from Collins in Texas. Overpriced but wife likes to snack of fruit cake. I guess I do too.
I love a good fruit cake and my maternal grandmother made them like no other. Does Collins Bakery use a lot of fruit and/or glaze on theirs?
The Collins fruit cake contains enough fruit and nuts for us. We have been ordering them at holiday time for years. I'm sure there are better products out there. Happy holidays

It's not about spending, dude! I remember though, Wife used to spend $$$$$$ years go when the nieces and nephews were young.

I don't have really any family left on my side. My Grandmother was born in 1886.

I'm an only chile.

I try to give a couple weeks salary to charities then buy some toys for poor kids that get dropped off at the Police Station.

I would say, On the wife and back to Me less than 200 bucks is spent and that's what we want. I asked for a pair of corduroy House slippers as my current pair have pretty large holes in the sole.

But this year She wanted a meat grinder attachment for her kitchen aid mixer.

... Should I be afraid?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back