Walmart is starting to discourage the use of cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of 10 self checkout registers, only 1 takes cash at any given time.

The message is loud and clear: If you use cash, you're a square.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

grin2.gif

Cash is still the preferred currency when buying soft/crack, dope/tar/china, weed/marijuana, malt liquor.. .

Doesn't seem to be that way here. I've seen a "No Cash" sign on one or two self checkouts a few times, I assume it's just because they're out of change or broken. Maybe they're just lazy at your store and don't refill them when they're out of change.

That happened to a friend of mines daughter at a Lululemon store. They would not accept cash and she was showing them the "For all debts public and private" on the currency basically calling them out for not taking cash.

Originally Posted By: justintendo
i refuse to use the self checkout anyway...walmart can pay someone to take care of my order

Most people can't figure out how to operate the self checkouts and have to get the person in charge of them to come ring up their stuff anyway. I'll use the self checkout if there's one with no line and I only have a few items.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
That happened to a friend of mines daughter at a Lululemon store. They would not accept cash and she was showing them the "For all debts public and private" on the currency basically calling them out for not taking cash.

That statement does not require anyone to accept cash. We’re in a still-somewhat-free market, and retailers may choose how they do business.

Was at Walmart yesterday and they had the Salvation army kettle bell ring outside. I though they must be takings hit with so few using cash nowadays.

I thought if you offered to pay in US cash they had to take it OR the debt was wiped clean. No??? What is becoming of this country.

There are several self registers at the large Walmart by Century III in the south hills of Pittsburgh (I never bothered to count them but probably 10 self check registers) all fed by a single line so the person in the front of the line goes to the first one to be available. Only one accepts cash.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Was at Walmart yesterday and they had the Salvation army kettle bell ring outside. I though they must be takings hit with so few using cash nowadays.

I always find myself thinking "I have no cash on me." when I see them.

Holiday times means I should carry some when hitting grocery stores. I need to remember that.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

grin2.gif

Cash is still the preferred currency when buying soft/crack, dope/tar/china, weed/marijuana, malt liquor.. .

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I always get into arguments with the lady inside of the self-checkout machine.
No, there is not an unexpected item in the bagging area. This item was fully expected. I just scanned it.
No, I do not want to bag this item. It's a 30-pound bag of dog food.
Lady, I do not need to wait for assistance. I can take care of this, myself if you would stop being so difficult.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
I thought if you offered to pay in US cash they had to take it OR the debt was wiped clean. No??? What is becoming of this country.

I thought the same based on something I was told in the 3rd grade. And pennies aren't official currency so they can be declined.

they are trying to move to a cashless society, can't track cash sales.... all i use is cash, even had cash buying my truck... that was an interesting day....

Federal Reserve notes are only required to be legally accepted if you incur a DEBT such as dining at a restaurant... they have to break that $100 bill you present at the end of the night. Drive on a tollway. Pay taxes. The taxes are a big deal! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham%27s_law

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Not necessarily. They gladly take credit for my vodka and my other dude takes Venmo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back