CZ anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how are CZ arms? I am not in the market for anything just wondering are there rifles and pistols quality or something to stay away from?

Originally Posted By: billt460
They are among some of the highest quality, and most accurate and durable firearms on the market today.

+1
Never heard a bad opinion on their rifles or pistols.

They are among some of the highest quality, and most accurate and durable firearms on the market today.

+100! Great reputation for durability, accuracy, and hand feel. And they're pretty! I have the CZ 75BD and love it!

I own a CZ 550 Safari Magnum rifle chambered in .300wm. It is not chambered in .300 by CZ anymore but it has been flawless since I purchased it in back in 2001. I have to say that it is heavy but it is built like a tank, the extra weight helps reduce the recoil though. I have also fired a few CZ 75 pistols and have found them to be accurate and smooth operating without any issues.

I've only heard good things about them. In fact, I've had my eye on the P-09 for some time now. Still trying to justify yet another gun......
grin.gif

This is my CZ-527 LUX in .223 I picked up several years ago. It has a Leupold Vari-X II 3-9X 40 MM in CZ steel rings. It's a very accurate rifle with a beautiful set trigger. The action is smooth as silk.

We have a young man at our club that took up competition pistol shooting three years ago he shoots a CZ 75. He's been ripping everyone a new one now for three years. Best shooter pistol combination I have ever seen on a personal basis.

Back in Florida days, I used my mid 80's blued steel CZ75 as a EDC, practiced a lot, so if I really had to use it
I'd be OK! Vintage for sure but OK by me. No misfeeds the entire time!

Half of shooting well is all in your head. As a kid I was good with dad's ratty Remington-Rand 1911 WWII gun,
it took a while before I felt the same about my Springfield 1911, again, all in your head...

Now I'm OK with CZ75 and 1911! I'd rather be good with 2 guns rather then buy every new
piece out there just for the fun of it. lol

When I purchased my pistols a few years ago, CZ where highly regarded on the Internet. Local gun shops rarely had any in stock and said they didn't sell well. The the gun store that had one, had it way overpriced. The CZ are very nice looking.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
I was wondering how are CZ arms? I am not in the market for anything just wondering are there rifles and pistols quality or something to stay away from?

I bought my CZ-75 more than 20 years ago.

I will say this:
I own about 30 firearms, and all of them are for sale at the right price...

but my CZ-75 is the ONLY one that is NOT for sale, ever, PERIOD.

How is that for an opinion?

This is my CZ-527 LUX in .223 I picked up several years ago. It has a Leupold Vari-X II 3-9X 40 MM in CZ steel rings. It's a very accurate rifle with a beautiful set trigger. The action is smooth as silk.

Got one of those myself...3/4" groups with 60gr V-Max handloads (over 2206, similar to 3031)...1" on American Eagles.

Will shoot dinner plates at 600 yards (as long as I know they are 600 yards of course).

also have a 1967 Brno, which is markelous (nearly took it out to the range today, took the Krico instead).

Brother had a Brno .22 also (unfortunately dad used it on his last trip to his shed 4 years tomorrow), another good rifle, very tight barrel for a.22, but shot very well, especially so after glass bedding it.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

I bought my CZ-75 more than 20 years ago.

I will say this:
I own about 30 firearms, and all of them are for sale at the right price...

but my CZ-75 is the ONLY one that is NOT for sale, ever, PERIOD.

How is that for an opinion?

I couldn't agree more. My CZ's aren't going anywhere! One of the most over looked and under rated gun brands out there.

Well they came in and I just got back from picking them up. Both are beautiful! I'm very impressed with the workmanship on the Tanfoglio Witness. The fit and finish on this gun is very impressive. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. I have no reason to believe it won't.

I've already ordered 4 more magazines for it, along with a set of CZ Cocobolo grips for the CZ-75. The black rubber / plastic stock grips feel good, and are practical. But the Cocobolo wood grips make the gun look so much better. I'll try to get a few pictures up in the next couple of days.

Guess I’m odd man out. I purchased a new CZ 75 BD and was not impressed. I had no misfires or mechanical issues with the firearm (besides the decock lever being terribly stiff) but learned the hard way to handle the firearm before you buy it, as it was small for my hands.
I much prefer my Beretta 92A1.
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

I recently purchased a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical after wanting a CZ for almost a decade; all I can say is, I should of bought one earlier. Nothing can be perfect, but their firearms are as close as it gets, it's one of the finest pistols a person can put in their hands - the things a tack driver, it has the most phenomenal ergonomics of any gun I have ever held; it fits like a glove that truly feels like it's a extension of my arm with almost no recoil which is due to the weight of it; in which I have absolutely no problem with.

As others have said; it's one of the most underrated, and overlooked guns that outperforms guns that are several hundred dollars more without question.

The CZ versions of guns can be somewhat confusing, so here's the model I got - the SP-01 tactical just swaps a manual safety for a decocker (how I prefer my pistols)

15z_CZSP01Tactical_L_91153_01153.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back