Grease Solves Vibration Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nyelubricants.com/experimental-grease-solves-automobile-industry-problem

Quote:
...Nye Fluorocarbon Gel 875L-MS was developed for one of the largest automobile manufacturing companies in the United States….An unacceptable vibration of an intermediate steering shaft assembly was occurring during final road testing of the company’s completed vehicles coming off the assembly line. This severe vibration was traveling through the shaft to the steering wheel and the driver...The experimental grease, now known as Nye Fluorocarbon Gel 875L-MS, seemed to solve the problem. The next step was to apply the grease to the actual steering assemblies and deliver them to the car manufacturer for testing....The car manufacturer tested the lubricated steering assemblies and they performed perfectly. The steering assembly manufacturer now uses the lubricant in their products...

Time frame for the above is 2015. Anyone know which vehicles the article is referring to?

I'm probably wrong here, but I know that on some years of the Monte Carlo and Impala there was a TSB for the ISS. TSB stated that in order to remove popping and vibration from the steering wheel, lubricating the ISS would correct the issue. My understanding is that they did this because many people were replacing the ISS and the problem persisted. I know I had the issue on my Monte, sure enough a little lubrication and the problem went away.

Perhaps this is related to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back