2006 Civic EX Brake Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my 06 Civic is in need of brakes, as well as rotors for the front.

Rear pads are almost getting there too, not sure about the rotors so still debating rear rotors.

Thinking and planning ahead, was hoping to use Honda OEM pads for front and rear, since they are cheap and durable but not sure about rotors, since there are a million options out there!!!

Have few options:

1- Buy from amazon Bosch Rotors(F/R) and OEM Honda pads.

2- Buy this kit from Rock Auto : http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4662861&cc=1432623&jsn=249

3-Buy Centric Rotors and Pads from Amazon or Rock Auto

4-Or just buy everything package as Honda OEM.

Anyone has any feedback or advice for above options? Thanks for any input and help.

i bought my last couple of kits off of ebay. the one for my 99 sub was $53 shipped for pad and rotors . i put them on and they work just fine . i was leery of these brake part in the past, but seeing that 95% of rotors come from china anyways just buy the least expensive that works for me

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
i bought my last couple of kits off of ebay. the one for my 99 sub was $53 shipped for pad and rotors . i put them on and they work just fine . i was leery of these brake part in the past, but seeing that 95% of rotors come from china anyways just buy the least expensive that works for me

Mind asking, which kit was it? Just trying to see seller(or brand) of it.

$53 for front and rear or just front?

this is the one. just the front. sure they make a complete set f and r

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nakamoto-Front-...k/311712316598?
ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

one for 2004 civic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nakamoto-Front-...t/371743556427? fits=Year%3A2004%7CMake%3AHonda&epid=630547953&hash=item568da4834b:g:OWcAAOSw2GlZygTp:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!98006!US!-1&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-and-Rear-...5/302343378248? fits=Year%3A2004%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACivic&epid=632486454&hash=item466511d548:g:EKIAAOSwk-1aHCXO&vxp=mtr

i can't for the life of me figure out how they make money with the shipping free.

I went with option 3 just the past weekend. The Centric Premium rotors are very nice and the Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads seem decent but I haven't used them much and they are only on the rear. Made in China unfortunately but we'll see how they wear and dust. I would have gone with Akebonos if I could find them easily but that didn't happen.

I did consider one of those Autospecialty PowerStop kits but decided against it.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I went with option 3 just the past weekend. The Centric Premium rotors are very nice and the Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads seem decent but I haven't used them much and they are only on the rear. Made in China unfortunately but we'll see how they wear and dust. I would have gone with Akebonos if I could find them easily but that didn't happen.

I did consider one of those Autospecialty PowerStop kits but decided against it.

Thanks, curious why did you decide against PowerStop kit? Bad reviews or something?

Bosch rotors are coated, and should be rust free for a long time. Id also go with Bosch pads if available, theyre low dust and usually priced pretty competitively. Akebono makes a great pad and rotor as well.

I used Akebono and Centric on my wife's 2006 TSX. Quality parts; great results. As others have stated, and quality parts will work fine.

When I replaced the pads on a 2007 Civic Coupe a friend had, I tried ThermoQuiets and the brakes were noisy and grabby to all heck. Rotors were turned. I pad slapped Monroe ceramics and the car stopped as good as OEM but with slightly better feel.

Hondas are sensitive to brake pads, I think OEM is best but they seem to do fine with Monroe, Raybestos' Pro/Advanced/EHT lines or Akebono. I'd stay away from Wagner on one.

For the rotors, get Wagner E-shield or Centric Premium, from RockAuto. Another good option is EBC plain rotors, from AutoAnything

For the pads, your best choices are
Akebono ProACT (essentially OEM for much less money)
Akebono Performance Ultra ASP (more performance, still cheaper than OEM)
Advics
Beck/Arnley OE pads (part number starting with 089-) (these are the actual OE pads for much less money)
EBC Ultimax "Blackstuff"

AutoAnything usually has the best price on EBC brakes. All the others can be found on RockAuto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back