2017 Toyota UA80E 8 speed A/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking over my New 2017 Highlander LE Plus with the 2GR-FKS V6 and UA80E 8 speed A/T with an eye to future servicing. Found a video showing fluid change on a 2016 model but not 2017 and this transmission looks different, No oil pan. Any Toyota experts know if the drain/fill and level adjustment for this trans is the same as previous year? I couldn't find anything showing this transmission. I have searched pretty hard but so far nothing.

You're right there's not a whole lot out there. Looks like these have been produced since late 2016 so they haven't even been out a full year yet.

Thanks for the reply's, maybe someone will put something on youtube before I need to do a drain and fill.

I have printed copies of the Repair Manual of the fluid change/adjustment procedure. I don't have access to a scanner. If you PM me you email, I can take photos with my iPhone & email them to you.

Well, I took one for the team and went for it. The procedure is almost identical to the 2014-2016 video on youtube. There is no drain pan so the drain bolt is in the bottom.of the transmission case. The leveling tube is black instead of red. Fill bolt is exactly in the same spot and has 'WS' stamped on it. I used my scangauge to measure the temperature as I adjusted the level. The amount of fluid used was within an ounce of the fluid quantity I drained. Hope this helps someone who might be confused by the new setup like I was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back