Lotus Elise OEM filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter from my Elise S/C. ~2,000 miles, ~13 months w/ Redline 5w-40. Nothing in the pleats. Filter appears very well made w/ a thick canister, dense and even pleats, fairly thick media, plastic 'stiffeners' top and bottom and a metal tube. ADB and relief valves were still very flexible. Made in China. Makes me feel a bit better about paying the silly price for OEM.

How about pics of the Elise and the Porsche?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: wings&wheels
Filter from my Elise S/C. .....Made in China.

This doesn't really compute in my head......

I'm sure the filter plant meets ISO 9001, but still
33.gif
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex

33.gif
confused2.gif

I thought the same thing. It looks well made, so I'd think Lotus has many eyes on the manufacturing process to ensure design specs and quality are achieved.

Was the filter bought online by any chance? I wonder if the filters from a dealer would be made in China. Even buying from a Lotus online dealer might be safer than some other sites.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Was the filter bought online by any chance? I wonder if the filters from a dealer would be made in China. Even buying from a Lotus online dealer might be safer than some other sites.

These look similar to Toyota's OEM filters which are made by Denso.

Wix or Fram Ultra
smile.gif

For some reason, Fram says to use the shorty 4967. But the longer 4386 can be used with no problems.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

These look similar to Toyota's OEM filters which are made by Denso.

Toyota Denso filters are made in Thailand, don't think any are made in China unless something has changed.

looks exactly like the toyota yzza1 or yzza2. In that case, you can use the fram xg4386 or the xg4967 depending on clearance.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

33.gif
confused2.gif

My feeling a few years ago when I received this bunch of filters. The filter is fine, appears to be very well made actually , but somehow it just doesn't feel quite right.... These were bought from the local dealer.

I'll post vehicle pics at some point...should probably take some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back