PEAT: what other uses for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
drinkingscotch.jpg

Nuff said

This is the first time I’ve seen someone post the answer to their own question. Did you read through the tabs in the Wikipedia article that you linked? Aside from drying malted barley, it mentions agriculture, freshwater aquaria, water filtration, balneotherapy, and palaeoecology.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
drinkingscotch.jpg

Nuff said

I think it's funny that you posted a whiskey from a distillery (and the specific whiskey posted) that doesn't use peated barley. The Balvenie and their sister distillery Glenfiddich both use coal dried malted barley. Ardbeg is very very peaty.

As far as I'm concerned peat may be traditional for some Scotch but it's best left for gardens and power generation, it ruins an otherwise perfectly good Scotch.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3

As far as I'm concerned peat may be traditional for some Scotch but it's best left for gardens and power generation, it ruins an otherwise perfectly good Scotch.

TOTALLY agree!!
sick.gif

Banditto440: I apologize, as I read some of the Wikipedia and wondered with technology today what else people may be thinking of using it for
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Peat is used to make your soil acidic for growing blueberries.

I believe that’s peat moss, or sphagnum moss. Peat is a solid material that’s often created from the decomposing moss. It’s referenced in the Wikipedia article that the OP shared.

Yep, one of the reasons that I don't like scotch.

As to power production, needs to be left in the ground for a few more million years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back