Kendall GT-1 Synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this oil? Been getting it at the local .99 store for $2.99 a quart. Recently did two 10k mile back to back oil changes using this oil and Motorcraft oil filters and the oil never gets past a dark brown.

Yes my friends Jeep uses 6 quarts and $3 for 1 qt of full syn is much cheaper than super tech at Walmart.
According to the websites the HTHS Rate is exactly the same as Mobil 1. (Both 5w30) and running viscosity at 100 degrees C is only 0.1 unit difference compared to M1. It mixes nicely with M1 as far as running it.

I picked up several to keep around for all the +1 changes I need to do in the future. Lol

I'd say its a good full synthetic. Cheaper than Supertech full synthetic around here. My local 99 cents store has carried it for around 2 years now for $2.99.

In the past, I used it when I could get it. Around Northern Ohio, Kendall is hard to find. At that price, it is a good deal.

Kendall and other Phillips products are solid performers. With the prices you're paying for the full synthetic you're posting about, I'd say you've found yourself a nice little niche. I can't get Kendall syn that cheap from my distributor.

I ran Kendall Elite in my 97 5.7 Sierra many years ago and liked it a lot. Back then, if you used the Kendall Elite, they did a free oil analysis for you. When I ran it I was up to 11,000 km's between oil changes based on their analysis.

I use to purchase it at a local garage, which was just one street over from me. Sadly, they quit doing the free analysis and we moved a year or 2 later and I have never used it since as I believe that is the only place around that carries it?

I don't ever recall seeing it at Wal-Mart or CDN Tire, but if I did, and it was priced competitively or was cheaper as it seems to be based on this thread, I would continue to use it.

The engine is about to hit 191k. I used ST Syn one time and drained it 1,500 miles into it due to the engine was going through a quart every 600 miles. As long as I can get it this cheap im gonna keep on it lol.

I am running the GT-1 Max in both of my vans. Great oil, been using it for a couple years now. I picked it up from HERE for around $4/qt shipped (case). I wish I could find it locally...

I used to use it in my 2011 F150 TT exclusively. I have UOA on this forum with it, I never had an issue. Sold the truck at 75K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back