Deal or No Deal: 2018 Elantra Sport DCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost pulled the trigger on the car tonight at Ricart Hyundai, with incentives etc the price of car was brought to $17,421 or so plus tax. Sticker was over $24k. He initially said he could do $3k for my TSX with 181k, but upon their "appraisal" he came back do about $2k. I had to "sleep on it". What do you guys think? I will try another dealer tomorrow. I was ready to settle for $2.5k for my trade, but I guess I will have to sell it myself.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty decent deal. Tell him you want your 2.5k and buy the car if it's what you want.

Seems like you're close enough already.

If you get $2500, I would consider that a pretty good deal. That will be pretty close to watch it will fetch at auction, which is almost assuredly where it's going to go. The price seems pretty fair on the Elantra as well. Mine is an SE with the Tech and Popular packages, and I paid $14800. You're getting the turbo 1.6L and the DCT, as well as the independent rear suspension which is the only trim level of the Elantra that offers that.

All in all, seems like a fair deal to me. If you like the car, I'd jump on that deal.

Well the interior sure looks nice.
smile.gif

2018-Genesis-G80-3-8-interior-02.jpg

That is an awesome deal on the Elantra, but the trade in offer is low. I live in Franklin county. I would try Hatfield which is part of the large Sonic group of dealers. They may offer a little more for your TSX as the Goergesville Automall tries to sell all trade ins themselves regardless of vehicle condition while some dealers will give you auction value as they only wanna sell late model used cars. Avoid Dennis on Morse Rd.

Id go for it at 2500$ trade..shoot for 3k and say you will sign lol...if he said 3k originally, hold him to it..i still think 2500$ is good.

Was the $17k otd including the trade or not? If the TSX is clean, you should be able to easily list it on CL at $4k.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Was the $17k otd including the trade or not? If the TSX is clean, you should be able to easily list it on CL at $4k.

Yep, dealer will always low ball your trade in.

I bought our Hyundai's from Herrnstein in Chillicothe. Hattfield in Columbus is I believe the largest volume Hyundai dealer in Ohio so they usually have the best prices because they can afford to discount deeply. But, Herrnstein has always came pretty close when I've shown them the deal Hattfield was offering. My Sonata was $24,900 msrp. Hatfield offered me one for 20,000 with discounts. Herrnstein matched it, plus it is a smaller family owned dealer and they have always done me right.

Well, the sales manager called back and the $2.5 trade was a go. I also snagged another $1k off for Uber driver discount. I just have to set up the profile. So I walked away feeling pretty good about the deal for $16.6 otd.

Congrats! Welcome to the performance Hyundai family!

I really like these cars. I am going to struggle not to acquire one off-lease in a few years. They are truly fun and visceral (unlike the GTI) with enough polished to live with the vehicle (cough Ford). Also, you get the added perk of looking sensible without out the wannabe boy racer faux-testosterone (looking at you Civic SI).

Hyundai/Kia has always been good to our family with many high mileage dependable vehicles. My signature is a good example.

Enjoy!
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I am quite pleased so far. It is not boy racer styling like the Civic, that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back