Fram TG2 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil change was also due on father's 2002 F150 5.4.

Last oil change:
Pennzoil High Mileage 5w20
Fram TG2
6000 mile oil change interval

This oil change:
Same as last, but always intend to keep it at 5000 mile oil change interval. An extra thousand I believe didn't hurt anything.

The truck had a nasty exhaust leak tick, got the passenger side exhaust manifold replaced (bolts needed drilled and tapped) and now she is silent again. Mechanic said the hole in the exhaust manifold was almost dime sized
eek.gif

Don't care for the little wide pleat spacing at the seam, but it held up good. Truck just hit 101,000 miles.

Next up is my jeep with the TG8A on a 7500 mile OCI so looking forward to that when the last remaining thousand miles are approached.

This and the TG or PH 8 are the Fram filters that "look" the roughest after use. Yet they hold up and stay intact. And that's far better than can be said about other filters.

There's nothing wrong with his pics ... I can see the filter just fine. The filter held up and did its job. Thank you for doing this cut and post.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Replace the transmission mount also.
Puts uneeded stress on the manifold also.

Great advice. I changed mine this summer and my car "shifts" so smooth now. It was the worn out mount giving me issues.

I have a few of these from the Walmart clearance for my '02 and BIL '04 with the 5.4.

It looks good, pleat spacing at the seam is not an issue, unlike some other manufacturers.

Thanks for the post.

Originally Posted By: Kira
When the time comes for your Jeep...it'll be the dead of Winter. Stay warm.

Thanks Kira!

Yes it will, but there will always be one of those "nice" days of the year. I'm fine changing oil in the cold as long as there is no snow or rain. The 4.0 could not be any easier to change oil on lol.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
This filter looks good to me. I have seen wider pleat spacing on other brands. Thanks for the cut & post:

As have I. My TG8As have had wider. Doesn't mean I have to like it
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Looks good sir:)

Thanks for c&p

I agree! NP
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Onug
Always ugly, yet always effective.

You didn't see my TG16 cut open then
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I think you need a camera-upgrade. But thanks for the TG pics regardless.
thumbsup2.gif

Unless you buy me a new phone, it's gonna be a no from me
smile.gif
. I think it's because I turn flash on and with the flash bouncing off of the oil on the filter and the oil pan maybe that lessens the quality a bit? I'll take note and turn flash off for the next filter cut open.

You are certainly welcome.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Replace the transmission mount also.
Puts uneeded stress on the manifold also.

Never heard of that issue, will look into it, but the manifolds lasted 16 years, so I think it'll be _fine_

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I have a few of these from the Walmart clearance for my '02 and BIL '04 with the 5.4.

It looks good, pleat spacing at the seam is not an issue, unlike some other manufacturers.

Thanks for the post.

That is nice to get the TG's on clearance, I should've paid a lot more attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back