Fluid Film safe on rubber bushings,boots,mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Fluid Film website, it says Fluid Film may cause swelling on "natural rubber".

I don't know what that means. I also don't know what kind of rubber is used on your typical Toyota vehicle on rubber mounts,bushings,boots, etc.

Has anyone had any issues with Fluid film damaging these areas of the undercarriage on a vehicle?

Originally Posted By: DallasTexas
I have always used Wurth HHS spray with outstanding results.

Did you completely ignore the original post, or do you just not understand it?

I accidentally get fluid film on this components and have not had issues. Perhaps they are a synthetic rubber?

Last edited:
Used it on "todays" (well, 15 years old) "rubber" without problems. I just hit stuff once a year in the fall, and don't deliberately aim for bushings... b/c FF's expensive.
laugh.gif

I use a front end loader for snow removal. I spray it every fall with Fluid Film. The fluid film has softened the rubber and made wrinkly the rubber strips used as cushioning and seals around the battery boxes. I still use the fluid film though. I can easily replace the press-on rubber molding if need be. I would advise to avoid spraying it onto rubber.

Originally Posted By: Kabanstva
On the Fluid Film website, it says Fluid Film may cause swelling on "natural rubber".

I don't know what that means. I also don't know what kind of rubber is used on your typical Toyota vehicle on rubber mounts,bushings,boots, etc.

Has anyone had any issues with Fluid film damaging these areas of the undercarriage on a vehicle?

I sprayed my neighbors car and got Fluid Film on his lower door seals. This caused them to swell up and I ended up having to replace them. All the other rubber on the car was fine and shows no sign of swelling. Just my findings.:)

Originally Posted By: A310
Originally Posted By: Kabanstva

I sprayed my neighbors car and got Fluid Film on his lower door seals. This caused them to swell up and I ended up having to replace them. All the other rubber on the car was fine and shows no sign of swelling. Just my findings.:)

I emailed FF and they said hte same thing. To just watch out for weatherstripping, but everything else underneath and in the engine bay should be fine.

I use it on my plow trucks. Never had an issue with any rubber going soft. When I spread it around, I invariably get it on radiator hoses, rubber suspension bushings,etc. Never a problem. Someone also mentioned on another post from last year if Fluid Film harmed paint, no issues with paint on my trucks either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back