Cleaned Intake Now Revs Are Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cleaned the intake in my 2005 Honda Civic with the 1.7 l engine. As per instructions I reved the engine after a few hours to help clean it out. The engine would only rev to 4000 - 4200 rpm. When I drive the car however it will rev above that point. I have cleaned the intake before and did not notice this happening. Is this the rev limiter or do I have an issue?

There is a rev limiter. Engines that are revved too high without load can cause engine damage. Mine won't go bast 4,000 rpm.

Last edited:
Was it like that before you cleaned it?

Sounds like the typical stationary rev limiter. If the car drives normally, what's the big deal? Stop revving the [censored] outta it in the parking lot and the world will be a better place.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Was it like that before you cleaned it?

Sounds like the typical stationary rev limiter. If the car drives normally, what's the big deal? Stop revving the [censored] outta it in the parking lot and the world will be a better place.

This

As I mentioned in my original post I was following the instructions on the product and that I don't remenber if this happened when I did it a couple of years ago. So obviously I don't sit in my driveway and rev the [censored] out of the engine just to hear it!

The rev limiter is lower when in park/neutral. You can rev higher in drive because the engine has a load. The rev limiter in neutral/park has always been there.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Mass airflow sensor not detecting because the air intake is off?

I had put it all back together then started it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back