No Turkey this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious and wonder how many others aren't having turkey today on Thanksgiving. Just me and the wife now since her dad is gone and neither one of us really care for turkey so here is what we are having.

Pork Tender Loin
Green Bean Casserole
Cheesy Hash browns
Cranberry Salad
Pumpkin Crunch Cake

At work we usually smoke a couple turkeys but this year we had prime rib.

Looks like a great menu. Is turkey as good as prime rib? I don't think so. Plenty of items there that are traditional. Enjoy!

My sister has done prime rib and oysters Rockefeller, then pretty much nothing else traditional as sides ~ for 20+ years …

You guys are the same as parents. They don’t like turkey so they roast whole chicken instead lol. My wife and I are more traditional. Your menu looks tasty!

39lbs turkey 15lbs potatoes Nesco full stuffing stop by have plenty for everyone.

Originally Posted By: dave123
39lbs turkey 15lbs potatoes Nesco full stuffing stop by have plenty for everyone.

That is a rather large turkey. Are you sure it isn't just a small emu?

Just the wife and me. Crab cakes from Costco. They are delicious. The best turkey I've had was two weeks ago in Louisville. The Brown Hotel's famous Hot Brown Sandwich.

My Daughters birthday is today so she gets to pick. And it's Mexican this year.
smile.gif

Exwife has my daughter, so it's just me.

Grilling a 18 oz Buffalo/Bison steak.

I always buy a lot of turkeys when they are on sale -
I cook them in a roaster, then pressure can the meat in mason jars.

Just had duck. Love duck. Mashed potatoes, red cabbage, deviled eggs, biscuits and raspberry pie w/whipped cream. Now watching "Pale Rider." I feel good....

My moms side is from the UK originally and my dad side is from Italy. So we have always had a mixture of Turkey and things like Lasagna or some sort of baked pasta / Chicken Parmesan.

We had a large family gathering last week were we celebrated early, and had turkey and all the fixings. Today was just me and the wide. I made a roasted chicken and a few sides.

Growing up in an Italian household there is always lasagna, eggplant parm, baked ziti as well as Turkey with all the trimmings and enough take home food for all family members to eat well for prob several weeks!

Originally Posted By: Bud
Always turkey, then ham for Christmas.

Love a good ham for Christmas esp the glazed spiral hams with gravy!

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
I'm having turkey. I got three Banquet turkey pot pies. One for me, and one for each dog. We are eating good, tonight.

Me too, but I prefer the Swanson turkey dinners served on TV trays in the den for the cat and I, comes with a little serving of apple pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back