Oreillys super start battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a name like Super Start, you cant go wrong, right?!?

superficial name aside, I've had 2 of them, and i have no complaints. they've performed very well for me in less than ideal situations i will say.

It will say on the label - call the store and ask them.

Best: Deka / East Penn Manufacturing

Better: Johnson Controls
(I think Interstate is now Johnson?!?)

Absolute garbage: Exide (JUNK!!)

All the guy at the store could tell me was that the battery came with a 3 year prorated warranty.

They are good. I use Interstate from Costco because they are maybe $60 cheaper. Both good batteries.

Last edited:
I am surprised a East Penn battery would only have a 3 year warranty. I don’t even see any warranty information about the battery on the Oreillys page.

The Super start 78 EXT is $145.00. same as the Auto Zone Duralast Gold 78 DLG. The two batteries are now both flat top batteries like a Delco except the Oreillly battery has a plastic handle and the AZ battery does not.

I hate whoever makes those batteries. See how small the hold down is? We put one in my mom’s Buick and the hold down didn’t hold it tight and it slid into the water pump and I caught it a week later before it started leaking.

Put an Auto Zone battery in it and it held fine, big hold down.

Nick1994 I now remember someone else complaining about the skinny hold down on the Oreillys battery.

My last two batteries came from AZ but they were different and had removable vent caps. I am shopping for a battery because the 2001 Duralast Gold battery just died.

If you don't mind Exide Pep Boys has a 35% off discount code right now on Bosch batteries, stackable with a $20 rebate on traditional flooded Bosch batteries or $30 rebate on Bosch AGM batteries, limit 2 each on rebate

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
If you don't mind Exide Pep Boys has a 35% off discount code right now on Bosch batteries, stackable with a $20 rebate on traditional flooded Bosch batteries or $30 rebate on Bosch AGM batteries, limit 2 each on rebate

I was just gonna say! Lol my current Bosch battery is gonna be 6 years old! Ordered me a new one for $83 instead of waiting to be stranded and pay $163 later lol

Seems to me that just about any battery today has an average lifespan of 3 years - well atleast here in Texas. When I lived in MD I didn't replace batteries like here and 5 years was common. Based on that, I've used Super Start and Duralast Gold batteries and, price wise and warranty wise - I now buy Walmart EverStart batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back