What do u guys think of this oil system cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The centrally located "German Engineered" placard at the label's bottom screams bovine scat.

The stuff in the cans probably will have some effect but nothing more that the array of products we already don't buy.

It would be so cool if air conditioning ducts could be accessed for a swabbing and disinfection.

So while it's in there cleaning and rooting out all the gunk..what happens when the mixture is the trying to be the lube between my cam and lifters?

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Exactly. A can of Berryman's B-12 and bottle of Techron every five or ten fillups should suffice.

Should have read:

Exactly. A can of Berryman's B-12 and bottle of Techron in the gas tank every five or ten fillups and severe service OCI's and you'll be fine.

300,000 miles / 535,000km on my Santa Fe and nothing like this was ever used. Why is this needed again?

56,000 miles / 90,000km on my Journey. Never used this. Why is this needed again?

Oh and total I have 1.5 million miles behind the wheel. Never used this. Why is this needed again?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
300,000 miles / 535,000km on my Santa Fe and nothing like this was ever used. Why is this needed again?

56,000 miles / 90,000km on my Journey. Never used this. Why is this needed again?

Oh and total I have 1.5 million miles behind the wheel. Never used this. Why is this needed again?

True, just run a good detergent oil.:)

Exactly. 344k miles on my Rav4 and never had a need for stuff like this.

I do think Flushes have their place but to suggest they are needed regularly like the video suggests....
29.gif

Agreed. It's the only way they can really make money, is by duping people into using it @ EVERY oil change.
33.gif

There no b12 what's comparable in Canada and who carries b12 in states next time I'm visiting I 'll get some

Originally Posted By: wantboost
There no b12 what's comparable in Canada and who carries b12 in states next time I'm visiting I 'll get some

Only thing Id use, and I cant prove it does anything is Gumout Regane with PEA or Guaranteed to Pass by CRC (i believe you can get both at CT) I only use products like that once a year when I get the products for 5$ or less. I wouldnt bother with B12..isnt it just acetone and toluene?

Good synthetic oil and quality filters with timely exchanges prevents almost all needs of a flush. Flushing removes the very film needed to prevent dry start wear. Using PEA fuel system cleaners maybe as a small amount can survive the combustion process and mix in with oil after. If you must then use 1 ounce of Gumout Multi Tune per qt in crankcase.Add cold, hit the highway at a nice 70mph on cruise for an hour. I would drain within 500 miles and add synthetic oil and forget about it. Save rest of Gumout for OPE fuel stabilization and find something else to do.

Originally Posted By: Kira
The centrally located "German Engineered" placard at the label's bottom screams bovine scat.

Whenever I see any company ride on the label of "German Engineering" I think it's bovine scat as well and stay far away. Amazing how some people get sucked into all that hype.

I do think Flushes have their place but to suggest they are needed regularly like the video suggests....

I've used flushes when I know I'm going to take the engine apart immediately anyhow, so if something gets knocked loose or screwed up, it won't make much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back