Where to buy rust free truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that FL and Tx and in between hit with hurricanes.
Thinking it might be hard to ensure I get one without water damage since I’m from NY and would like to fly in and drive home.

Found one in OH but not sure they are better than NY.
2013-2014
F150
4x4
V8
Sunroof
SuperCrew aka crew cab

[email protected]

Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, California. Generally out west the vehicles are not as rusty as back east or the rust belt.

Ohio's awful and they don't have state inspections so their used car dealers drag in heaps from the Northeast, mark 'em up, and they run them a few more years.

California has potential, particularly if you find one that fails smog on a technicality that doesn't matter back home.

I bought a car in North Carolina but gas for a truck would make a trip pretty pricey, and they are proud of their trucks in NC.

Nev, Az or all of SoCal away from the coast. Just pick LA if you are doing CraigsList searching.

I recently bought a 1993 F-150 4x4 Ext Cab with every option short of Eddie Bauer package with "only" 83K miles. No rust, no dents, nada. Needed brakes, previous owner live in Sonora, so down mountain braking ... Local indy shop had that done a two days.

They're out there. You just gotta look and then jump. PayPal a deposit to hold it until you get there ...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
My rust free 87 f250 came from Alaska!

Thats because they plow and don't use salt on 99.9% of the roads in Alaska.

Trucks are common everywhere and rust free examples are as well.
Keep looking in your area and you'll find your truck.
A '13-'14 isn't old enough to have serious rust unless it was used as a parking lot plow truck and salt spreader.
Superficial underbody or frame surface rust is easily fixed.
It will not pay you to fly somewhere and drive something home or have it shipped unless you really want a particular older model.
If all you want is a truck, then there are likely good ones for sale in your own neighborhood.

From anywhere in Texas, away from the coast or flood affected areas. They don't use any salt on the roads here and it is dry. Trucks are primary transportation vehicles in Texas. There are lots of rust-free trucks available, especially now that the oil exploration boom has collapsed.

We've heard about rust and snow and temperatures so cold you can make ice cubes outside but where I live we don't believe everything we hear or read.

We do have rain almost every year and it rains so hard it makes puddles on the ground and people play bumper cars on the freeway. This year it rained for more than one day in a row once and the paint and body shops were really busy for a while.

If you want an older rust free car come on over. Higher mileage is not really a problem either. Most people depend on their cars and pickups for everything from going to work to getting anywhere to do anything. They know if they're going to be able to do almost anything it's going to be driving and they're pretty good at getting the oil changed for fear of getting stuck at home. There's rush hour traffic for sure but not in a snowstorm idling in freezing temperatures. Buying a car here might be worth checking out.

My 2009 F150 with 115K miles, is absolutely and completely rust free. Not even light rust on bolts or calipers.

I did apply some corrosion inhibiting compound inside the door seams and so on. I tend to keep vehicles a very long time, like 20 years.

But it's in rust free South Florida and it's been garaged all it's life.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Now that FL and Tx and in between hit with hurricanes.

Texas is H U G E ...

and very little of it got affected by any hurricanes....

shoot, it barely even rained at all at my place!

New Mexico, sw Colorado seriously lots of old rust free vehicles here.
They use gravel in the winter not salt. So may have a few chips but no rust.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back