Alternate to wix 57079?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd trust Napa Proselect as much as any "second tier" filter.

Priced a Napa Gold 1358 for an '05 Murano this afternoon and that little bugger was $10. Asked about a Proselect (21358MP) and it was $3.99.

What kind of car is this for?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Alex_V

Priced a Napa Gold 1358 for an '05 Murano this afternoon and that little bugger was $10. Asked about a Proselect (21358MP) and it was $3.99.

You should consider using the 7356, if it will fit
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Alex_V

The term "second tier" filter sounds a little anxiety inducing.

Yes the napa gold is more expensive cause it's probably a wix filter .... now thx for high jacking my thread lol .... But anyone have opinions with some facts behind it lol thx

Originally Posted By: wantboost
Yes the napa gold is more expensive cause it's probably a wix filter .... now thx for high jacking my thread lol .... But anyone have opinions with some facts behind it lol thx

Glad you appreciate the part of it that addressed the "cheaper wouldn't hurt" part of your question.

FWIW Proselect is still made by Affinia which is Wix's parent company. Maybe "second tier" was a bad way to put it - but they are cheaper and made differently than Napa Gold/Wix black.

It's for a 2006 cts 3.6

Any of these three would be best:
Mann HU 69/2x
Mahle OX399D
Hengst E622H

(I think all three may be the same filter, made by Hengst in Germany)
Note that Hengst is not the OE supplier for this particular cartidge, although Hengst does make plenty of AC Delco cartridges!

If you desire a wire-backed synthetic filter, there is the Wix XP 57079XP (Napa Platinum 47079)

I 'll check how much the ac delco r at gm

..whats the napa platinum is that the extended drain synthetic?

I 'll check how much the ac delco r at gm

..whats the napa platinum is that the extended drain synthetic?

Yes, that is the extended drain synthetic filter
thumbsup2.gif

Ya they r pricey ... I 'll call gm . The brands u mentioned aren't easily available here . Thank you

Ya they r pricey ... I 'll call gm . The brands u mentioned aren't easily available here . Thank you

Rock Auto
smile.gif

I'm in cananda shipping is not worth it

You buy 3-6 filters at rockauto with the 5% off and also buy air or cabin filter too and then it becomes cost effective.

You should change your location in your settings. "CA" is commonly used for California.

Originally Posted By: JC1
I'm in cananda shipping is not worth it

You buy 3-6 filters at rockauto with the 5% off and also buy air or cabin filter too and then it becomes cost effective.

You should change your location in your settings. "CA" is commonly used for California.

And there's even an Ontario, California
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back