David Cassidy passes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he was as popular as the Beatles with the girls.

BTW, 6 kids, one bathroom, father's an architect. What was he thinking?

Originally Posted By: spackard
Yeah, he was as popular as the Beatles with the girls.

BTW, 6 kids, one bathroom, father's an architect. What was he thinking?

Uhhh, That's not Partridge Family.
That's Mike Brady, Dad, Brady Bunch.

Last edited:
33.gif

Girls liked his smiley eyes, I liked Susan Dey
smile.gif

I recall seeing his father Jack on a grisly Night Gallery episode.

Unfortunately, I think the first time I hard wired up some Realistic headphones to my sears silvertone suitcase stereo (there was no 1/4 TRS phone jack out) I threw on a Partridge family album. Yikes.

I am in my fifties so I very much remember watching The Partridge Family and David Cassidy. I enjoyed the show and later in life...some of the music as well.

It's hard to see my childhood celebrities die for some reason. Time marches on, people die....and the cycle is constantly repeating.

Take care David, wherever you are.

Kidney and liver failure, caught only 3 times for dui dwi. Talented, supposedly nice guy but that's what drugs and being an alcoholic does to you.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
Kidney and liver failure, caught only 3 times for dui dwi. Talented, supposedly nice guy but that's what drugs and being an alcoholic does to you.

67 years is a decent life expectancy, compared to the age people were typically dying at 50-60 years ago

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Girls liked his smiley eyes, I liked Susan Dey
smile.gif

Susan Dey was why I watched the show. And in her late-30's Shirley Jones was still quite the looker.

RIP David. You surely entertained us for 50 yrs.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648

Lest stones be cast....he was indeed a person with faults.

I would say that he was an individual that achieved a fair amount, and provided smiles/joy for a lot of folks. His father probably passed on some less than perfect traits....but all in all, David Cassidy gave much more than he took on planet earth.

I had two of their vinyl albums until they were stolen about 3 years ago.

It is ashame the media is just pointing to "I think I love you" as the "go to" sound byte; many of the songs were very enjoyable to listen to. "Feel good" 1970s stuff

I vaguely remember an episode where Danny was cutting Keith's hair at night and selling it @ school; you don't get plots like that these days lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back