Goodyear Comfortred or Assurance Fuel Max ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plan to buy tires from DTD and saw Goodyear has the best rebates this time. I really wanted to try the Cooper CS5 but when I can get GY Comfortred for $192 or the Fuel Max for $206 I can't touch these deals with the Cooper. These will go on my Grand Marquis and I am leaning towards the Comfortred as the better rebates make it cheaper and it has higher ratings. The main complaint about them I see is noise. I had a set on my Sable Wagon years ago and don't recall noise being a problem. I also know this car will be different. I always value others opinions so thought I would ask.

Last edited:
Too bad you have your mind made up because a Grand Marquis with a set of General Altimax RT43's would have been a match made in heaven.
smile.gif

I have the Fuel Max on now as an OE tire. They're fine, no complaints. However between the two including the current GY $80 rebate on the CT vs $40 for FM, and DTD $100 rebate for CT vs $75 for FM, I'd go with the ComfortTred. ComfortTred well rated too. If I needed tires now, the GY ComforTred would be high on the list of replacements.

I am not a huge fan of Goodyear tires, but I really liked the Comfortread Touring tires I had on my Lexus. They had 65,000 miles on them when they were brought to an early demise due to a nail in the sidewall. Out of the 2 options given that would be my recommendation.

After the way 1/2 worn out 4 year old Michelin started leaking air thru the weather cracks on the side, I will never buy them again. Kuhumo did the same thing but 6 years out. I buy Goodyear Assurance now, and they have been excellent. Very quiet, excellent traction. Long wear.

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
I buy Goodyear Assurance now, and they have been excellent. Very quiet, excellent traction. Long wear.

Is that with the regular Assurance tire or one of the many sub-models in the GY Assurance product line?

I really like my Assurance Comfortreds. Great ride, low noise and excellent winter traction.

BTW - Goodyear will match Tire Rack prices.

The kids at DT are driving me back to my Goodyear store with grownup supervision on the shop floor …
I’ll wind up paying 5-10% more ~ but will be actually balanced and not worn out in 30k like the BFG comps from DT …
(Have had two sets rebalanced so far) …

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Too bad you have your mind made up because a Grand Marquis with a set of General Altimax RT43's would have been a match made in heaven.
smile.gif

By far

NOT!

I have the General RT43 on my Mercury Sable. Good in rain and snow but too soft of ride for my liking. The sidewalls are very soft and would likely be worse on my GM due to additional weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back