What is this metal part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what this could be? Doesn’t look automotive. Found 11 of them just outside my friends house. There is a rotating bearing on one end, looks like it would accept a rope.

Looks like its used for pulling rope or wire. If it has a galvanized coating as it looks then its made for outdoor use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Someone still uses Corn Husker's Lotion? I didn't know it still existed!

I was a user of it in 1989. I had a bottle of it on my desk at work. The guys I worked with like practical jokes so they printed, cut and pasted alterations to the label to make it read, "Corn Cobber's Lotion. For Rough Cobs."

Originally Posted By: Kurtatron

Found 11 of them just outside my friends house.

Power utilities often drop equipment off in areas they plan to do work in.

Please return it.

Yah thats pulling gear. I worked with 1/2" cable and turnbuckles, regulating units with the surveyors in the ship yard. Good to see somebody is still workin'

Driving the highways, I brake for tie down gear. Never bought a single link of chain, just couplers. Largest score was 50' of tow cable and the hook for a tilt body. I stopped collecting chain, I have plenty. But a nice strap...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Someone still uses Corn Husker's Lotion? I didn't know it still existed!

Anyway, my vote is also for high-voltage electricity.
Very good product. Had my wife pick up a bottle at Hy-Vee yesterday. Excellent product for chapped hands. Those little cracks that appear on fingers from dryness sure are painful to be so small.My fingers are barely dry from latest application of Corn Huskers. Much better product that the Nebraska Cornhuskers who will probably suffer through one last humiliation of the Riley era come this Friday.We thank whatever gods that be that we won't be going to a bowl game. I don't think Scott Frost is worth 35 million over seven years.That is the $$$ coming out of Lincoln Won't turn the program around. There is no going back to the Osborne years. Hope Mr. Frost turns Nebraska down. Stay where you are mister. There is nothing to be gained coming back to Memorial Stadium. NOTHING. Bo and Bill need not apply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back