kelly tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have Kelley tires? they are having sales on them here and I will need new tires on my
santafe sport soon. Just wondering how good they are

Last I recall they are manufactured by Goodyear but labeled differently? My gripe was the price on them was never low enough to warrant trying them out. Around the same price point I could buy a better known tire with lots of reviews.

I only had one set that came on a car that I bought. Never could get them balanced correctly. I thought something else was wrong but the problem went away when I got new tires.

How much are the Kelly's as compared to buying from "Discount Tire Direct" Black Friday Sale(with your own local installer cost)?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
How much are the Kelly's as compared to buying from "Discount Tire Direct" Black Friday Sale(with your own local installer cost)?

Something to consider. If thinking of Kelly, Goodyear has their own rebate now and stacked with DTD current rebates, might be able to top the Kelly sale.

Do you know Douglas tires? Walmarts exclusive tire, made by Goodyear? Well, it's made in the same factory. We will occasionally get a Kelly tires with a Douglas sticker on them at Walmart.

Kelly is an entry-level Goodyear brand. I don't think Goodyear rebates ever include Kelly. So while Kelly tires usually have lower list prices, after rebates Goodyear tires may be a better deal. As someone else mentioned, checking out Discount Tire or Discount Tire Direct this time of year is worthwhile. You may find good tires that will come with three possible rebates (if purchased as a set): manufacturer, Discount Tire and Discount Tire store credit card.

As to tires, I've had several Kelly and Goodyear tires and all have been quite good. Had Kelly Explorer Plus in 215/60R16 that lasted beyond warranty. Good overall experience. Also had Edge A/S. Started at 9/32" in 205/55R16 which was surprisingly low in terms of depth. Wore evenly but fairly quickly. Traction and overall experience was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back