Did DT give you any issues when you brought your

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTD to have them mounted? i am going to buy the RT43 from DTD. I know that DT will install them , but i can never understand the relationship between them.

So did DT give you any grief when you brought in your DTD tires? i was also thinking of taking them to Costco , but with them i would get no warranty

I haven't read or heard of them giving any grief to anyone. All they do is sell and install tires so they're pretty good at it. I also think you may get special pricing since you bought them from their sister company. Versus buying them from Tirerack, Simpletire etc where they would charge more.

Same parent company just two different divisions.

You can order them at the store, have them shipped there and avoid hauling them.

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
i was also thinking of taking them to Costco , but with them i would get no warranty

The tire warranty is independent of the place of installation, and Costco should warranty the installation itself. Have they told you that there would be no warranty? If so, on what? The tires or the installation?

Never once had a problem with DT doing that, whether I bought the tires from DTD, or from some other source, like Amazon or even CL. They've always been very customer service oriented.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
You can order them at the store, have them shipped there and avoid hauling them.
That's what I did with the last set I bought. As a matter of fact, I just called them on the phone and never left my chair.

Yes. Summer 2016 I ordered Cooper CS5 tires for my grandmother’s 2014 Grand Caravan. Took the tires in to get them mounted and they charged me extra for being a plus size wheel. I told them their website said $16 but they said that’s if you buy it from them, that DTD is a separate company, technically a competitor. I wasn’t happy but paid it anyways. Also, bought the TPMS rebuild kits and they never came with the tires. The DT store did that for free though.

When she hit a curb and blew out the tire, that store charged us for a new certificate and also for mounting and balancing (which should have been free).

Then she did that again and I took it to another location and they just charged for a new certificate.

Never again will I use DTD.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Yes. Summer 2016 I ordered Cooper CS5 tires for my grandmother’s 2014 Grand Caravan. Took the tires in to get them mounted and they charged me extra for being a plus size wheel. I told them their website said $16 but they said that’s if you buy it from them, that DTD is a separate company, technically a competitor. I wasn’t happy but paid it anyways. Also, bought the TPMS rebuild kits and they never came with the tires. The DT store did that for free though.

When she hit a curb and blew out the tire, that store charged us for a new certificate and also for mounting and balancing (which should have been free).

Then she did that again and I took it to another location and they just charged for a new certificate.

Never again will I use DTD.

and thats the weirdness. they run the same promotions and same financing ,but are separarte entity? on the costco, the guy just said that after you are out the door you are on your own when it comes to warranty. did not ask about if the install included rebalance and rotation . i will ask them next time.

i have bought enough of those DT certs to buy a few tires. not once have i had to use it. i just don't buy them anymore. i noticed that they don't charge for the tpms kits anymore but raised the cost of balancing about the same amount .

Last edited:
They are the same company. Some individual managers/employees get their panties in a wad because you bought online. Not every online price is lower. My dealer logged the tires into the system as if I bought them there. I paid for balance and mounting. When I took my vehicles in for rotation and re-balance I was treated the same as my vehicles with tires bought in house. Don't let them [censored] you.

I've never had a problem with the store in Loganville, GA. Always treated me as if I bought the tires there. Buying in the store isn't usually an option since I will go ahead and buy the tires while there on sale if I know I'm going to need them in the next 6 months or so and then take them to get mounted when it comes time to do so.

I brought wheels that I bought from Tire Rack, and DT was happy to take my money to install them. DT is one of the few places that I trust to touch my cars, and the only place that I go for wheel and tire work.

As I have DT stores nearby, I've never purchased from DTD. As noted, I'd think as long as your money is green or your CC good, they will do the installation services. That said, I'm sure b&m DT would 'prefer' to have the tire purchase with the store, and get credit for the sale too. As they are going to be the ones to service the tires and warranty after the sale, that's my preference too. So when the DTD price has been lower, I've had my local store match the DTD price even with no tax. YMMV on that. But even if not exactly matched, for the reasons noted I'd be willing to pay a tad more for the relationship with the local store. Just me.

So i went to Costco to ask about the install. the guy i talked to told me that there is no services after the intial install . the dude was kinda a funny guy and i don't believe him. the install sign does not say anything about the need to buy the tires there .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
No problems. Logged the tires into their system as if I bought the tires from there...my local Americas Tire store. No need to go anywhere else for mounting.

Exactly.

While some companies like to treat their B&M and online divisions as distinctly separate entities and force customers to do the same, DT is not one of them.

Bring a copy of your DTD invoice, and the DT store will enter them into their records.

The manager who helped me with my DTD Labor Day tire install did just that, and told me they hope to be able to look up DTD purchases in their system at some point in the future. He also offered to sell me the certificates I didn't buy online.

Any manager or other rep who creates friction should be reported to corporate for not doing their job properly.

DT opened its first location in my state not far me last year. Before that, DTD was my go-to for tires (mainly to avoid 10% in sales tax).
I bought two sets of tires and one set of mounted/balanced tires and wheels. The only issue Ive had was the balance job. I opted out of the "road force balance" upgrade and the car vibrated at 65/70. There was no DT location here at the time so I brought it to a local tire shop who rebalanced all four and claimed one of the wheels was "slightly out of round" so they placed it on the rear. Ive since rotated the wheel back to the front and dont notice any difference.
When my truck needed tires around memorial day, I had my heart set on toyo. DTD doesnt sell toyo. I figured I'd call the local DT and ask. Friendly guy on the phone says he "can have those tomorrow" and quoted me a price plus gave the same rebates as dtd. I was in and out in less than an hour with 4 lt295/65-20s. Went back for the free rotation and they rebalanced them and checked the pressure in the spare (although they didnt wind it up fully so it was rocking around a little under there). All the employees were relocated from texas stores and super nice. I'll go back.

DT & DTD is the best way to save. Make sure you mention at Discount (Americas tire) that you got them at DTD and bring receipt. They charge you a lower rate and will honor warranty later if needed. I recently had them do a tread-ware credit toward install of new tires purchased from DTD. Falken tires always wear out way before the warranty so you get a few $$ credit. DTD is not always price matched by DT if they have multiple rebate deals, no tax etc. I always ask first though, sometimes they will beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back