Optimum Wash and Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really easy 15 minute solution. I'm extremely impressed how clean the car gets and the shine left.

It's not the same as doing a ultimate compound polish followed by multiple layers of waxes but that takes 2-3 hours. But for 15 minutes between big cleanings, I'm dumbfounded how well it works.

https://www.autogeek.net/no-rinse-wash-and-wax.html

You can find it on Amazon prime as well.

Eu22dKe.jpg

Last edited:
I am very pleased with Rinseless car washes! So far I’ve used Turtle wax (discontinued), Duragloss and now Griots. All have been very good. Thanks for the link, I wasn’t aware that Optimum now has a Rinseless with UV inhibitors- that’s a plus here in Az. I’ll be trying it next, as soon as I deplete my small stash of DG and Griots.
Nice car BTW.

Thanks! Part of it is that I'm using GLARE underneath after I did a polish.

Since Optimum has wax, I think it's a nice topper every week.

Originally Posted By: FlyPenFly
Really easy 15 minute solution. I'm extremely impressed how clean the car gets and the shine left.

It's not the same as doing a ultimate compound polish followed by multiple layers of waxes but that takes 2-3 hours. But for 15 minutes between big cleanings, I'm dumbfounded how well it works.

https://www.autogeek.net/no-rinse-wash-and-wax.html

You can find it on Amazon prime as well.

Eu22dKe.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! Your car looks great!

I was just talking/thinking about getting some car wash soap as my regular Optimum car wash is getting low. I did a quick review and seen that Meguiar's Gold Class is also a highly rated soap/wash so I did some math, to figure out which was the better deal, and based on that the Optimum still won. It's funny, I was just thinking about ordering some up when I seen your post.

I have to purchase on-line up here, as far as I know still, so I am going to see if I get this newer Optimum, wash and wax, instead.
Thanks for posting up your thoughts on it.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: double vanos
I am very pleased with Rinseless car washes! So far I’ve used Turtle wax (discontinued), Duragloss and now Griots. All have been very good. Thanks for the link, I wasn’t aware that Optimum now has a Rinseless with UV inhibitors- that’s a plus here in Az. I’ll be trying it next, as soon as I deplete my small stash of DG and Griots.
Nice car BTW.

My experience as well. All the rinseless washes are good. I do the "Garry Dean" method, which is easier to google than explain. Not particularly fast, but works really well.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Hate to rain on the parade but the pic looks odd or retouched.
confused2.gif

Try it for yourself and see what you think. No reason to speculate. I use Ultima rinseless wash and couldn't be happier with it. I can make a 22 ounce spray bottle of waterless wash for about .50 with the concentrate.

I have never found a significant difference between Optimum No Rinse and Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. However, I have heard that their new Opti-coat no rinse wash is a big improvement over their current No Rinse offerings.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I have never found a significant difference between Optimum No Rinse and Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. However, I have heard that their new Opti-coat no rinse wash is a big improvement over their current No Rinse offerings.

I looked into these wash/no rinse/wax type soaps just last Black Friday but couldn't justify the cost, especially when I seen my tried, true and tested regular Optimum wax on for 1/2 price.

Not that I won't ever try them, but it would make me a tad uncomfortable just wiping down, drying one of my vehicles without rinsing it off first.
crazy.gif

I like it because it just adds some more protection on top of the sealant when you'r doing your weekly wash.

Originally Posted By: irv
Originally Posted By: The Critic

I looked into these wash/no rinse/wax type soaps just last Black Friday but couldn't justify the cost, especially when I seen my tried, true and tested regular Optimum wax on for 1/2 price.

Not that I won't ever try them, but it would make me a tad uncomfortable just wiping down, drying one of my vehicles without rinsing it off first.
crazy.gif

Guess I had "wax" on the brain. I meant to say Optimum wash. I use exclusively use Collinite's 845 Insulator wax nowadays.

Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax is around $10.99 on Amazon.
smile.gif

Just slop it on and gently wipe off with a plush MF towel. So easy.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax is around $10.99 on Amazon.
smile.gif

Just slop it on and gently wipe off with a plush MF towel. So easy.

Do you ever have any worries about marring/scratching the paint? I have used GM's final finish spray before but that was only after I gave it a complete wash, rinse and dry.

Last edited:
No, the solution encapsulates the dirt particles and trust me I've looked pretty hard for scratches. Plus it's funny after all the users of the rinseless you never hear of any marring, micro-scratching going on. Otherwise not many would buy it. It's one of those things you have to use to believe. Kind of like being a kid trying to ride a bike. You just have to do it to learn how to ride. But with the rinseless there's a wide margin of error built in so it's hard to do any harm with it. Plus waching some of the many youtube videos on it is pretty convincing. Esp when guys use it on a freshly polished black car that has salt spray on it. No scratches afterwards.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
No, the solution encapsulates the dirt particles and trust me I've looked pretty hard for scratches. Plus it's funny after all the users of the rinseless you never hear of any marring, micro-scratching going on. Otherwise not many would buy it. It's one of those things you have to use to believe. Kind of like being a kid trying to ride a bike. You just have to do it to learn how to ride. But with the rinseless there's a wide margin of error built in so it's hard to do any harm with it. Plus waching some of the many youtube videos on it is pretty convincing. Esp when guys use it on a freshly polished black car that has salt spray on it. No scratches afterwards.

Thanks for the info, SS.
cheers3.gif

We are not allowed to wash our vehicles at our summer trailer park so it would definitely come in handy down there. Just may have to purchase some and give it a try.

Here's a short video on a Waterless wash. With the Ultima wash concentrate I can do either a rinsless or waterless wash. I kind of prefer the waterless since it uses a lot less concentrate. Comes out to about .50 per bottle of waterless wash or about .25 per wash since it takes a roughly half a bottle do do a car(22 ounce bottle).

Ultima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ShtSvQaSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back