Search Engines duckduckgo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Totally burned out on Yahoo and Google (google is the worst)..struggling to get through the advertisements. And when you go on page two the same adds appear again. Duckduckgo.com is much better.

Us Ad-Block add-on to your browser or use Opera browser which blocks all ad's by itself.

I haven't seen ads in I don't know how long.

Duck Duck Go is fine though...

Interesting when you do a few searches on Google then ads start to show up on facebook and amazon similar to your searches. Heck, send a bunch of emails back and forth to a friend using gmail about certain products and you will soon see ads about that product. Duckduckgo gets rid of that.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Us Ad-Block add-on to your browser or use Opera browser which blocks all ad's by itself.

I haven't seen ads in I don't know how long.

Duck Duck Go is fine though...

I have ad-block that doesn't get rid of the line items that are just adds in disguise unfortunately. But thanks!

Last edited:
I'll stick with Google, from my experience I cannot stand Yahoo search results, not even good. Google has won my favor.

Don't know about these things called ads lol, uBlock Origin blocks all that out for me. Though I've seen an increasing trend in websites forcing me to turn off my ad blocker. Hope this trend doesn't continue...

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
I'll stick with Google, from my experience I cannot stand Yahoo search results, not even good. Google has won my favor.

Don't know about these things called ads lol, uBlock Origin blocks all that out for me. Though I've seen an increasing trend in websites forcing me to turn off my ad blocker. Hope this trend doesn't continue...

Look up dog with google:

sponsored Results
6 Day Dog Trainer System: | TheDogTrainingSecret.com
www.TheDogTrainingSecret.com

Originally Posted By: Al
Look up dog with google:

sponsored Results

I don't get that at all.

37665538705_ab06175ec9_o.png

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19

Look up dog with google:

sponsored Results

Like I said, don't know about these ads people keep talking about (it was a joke because I use uBlock Origin ad blocker)

When I use Google Search and type something in it switches to "Search Encrypt"

For instance this my Google Search for "dog"

https://www.searchencrypt.com/search?eq=h0oi4%2FovFN5k5ifWh7mkRQ%3D%3D

OK got it figured. Its a function of the Google Browser. I will be using Firefox. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I've been using DDG for a very long time now. Also Ublock Origin +FF. No ggle, nor SM is allowed to run on any of my machines. Period. Never see any ads, "suggestions", "recommended for you", etc. Never. Screw it down very tight and don't let that junk waste your BW nor appear to your eyeballs.

RESIST.....

I'm pretty sure you have a hijack malware installed to your Chrome browser. Might want to get that removed and then afterwards change your bank logins. Not going to shady sites, not downloading unverified software, and not clicking on random links from scam emails in your inbox will prevent that from happening again.

Totally burned out on Yahoo and Google (google is the worst)..struggling to get through the advertisements. And when you go on page two the same adds appear again. Duckduckgo.com is much better.

Sorry Al, but I've burned through all the search engines and when needing to dig deep, nothing even comes close to Google.

Google is like Secretariat and everyone else is a half-mile behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back